Receptionist, full-timeMedical Associates, Dubuque, IA Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Our mission is to provide superior healthcare and an excellent patient experience.
Medical Associates Clinic is a well-established multispecialty group practice with over 170 providers and a staff of over 1,000 health care professionals and support personnel. The group was founded in 1924 and is Iowa’s oldest multispecialty group practice. Today, Medical Associates Clinic is the area’s leading health care provider and only multispecialty group practice. Medical Associates Clinic has been recognized since 1998 as a “better performing practice” by the Medical Group Management Association.
In 1982, Medical Associates developed the Tri-State’s first health maintenance organization, Medical Associates Health Plans, which offers comprehensive health benefits to over 400 employers and 45,000 members. Medical Associates Health Plans has maintained an “Excellent” rating, the highest level of accreditation possible by the National Committee for Quality Assurance, for 13 consecutive years.
Medical Associates Clinic offers several locations from which to seek medical care, including facilities at 1500 Associates Drive, 1000 Langworthy, and 1940 Elm Street in Dubuque, Iowa; as well as facilities in Bellevue, Cascade, Dyersville, Elkader, and Monona, Iowa; Cuba City, and Platteville, Wisconsin; and Elizabeth and Galena, Illinois.
Medical Associates Clinic is hiring a full-time Receptionist to provide customer service to our patients while working in a close team of receptionists, clinical staff, and providers.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, with rotating shifts between 6:45 am - 5:30 pm.
Location: Position may be located at either East Campus or West Campus. Flexibility is a must!
What you'll be doing:
- Demonstrate effective customer service skills by greeting customers in a polite, prompt, helpful manner, and provide any necessary instructions or directions.
- Communicate clearly with customers via telephone and in person, and relay necessary messages to staff.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties, which may include but not limited to: scheduling functions, insurance questions, accepting payments and balancing cash drawer.
- Review, update or obtain customer information making necessary changes to ensure correct billing. Set up new insurance coverage as needed.
- Assist customers with self-service systems as applicable, which may include but not limited to: online patient portals, electronic kiosks, etc.
- Learn the detailed computer, phone, scheduling and registering systems used on a daily basis. Medical Associates provides an in-depth training program for all new employees.
- Complete all other assigned projects and duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Education: Equivalent to a high school education.
Experience: From three months to one year of similar or related experience.
This position will require a high attention to detail while working at a fast pace on the computer, phone, and with our patients. Ideal candidates have some experience with insurance processing, office administrative duties, and are known for always providing above and beyond patient/customer service with a smile.
This listing has expired
Self Service Technologies
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|