Community TrainerArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Area Residential Care is seeking a Community Trainer that wants to make a difference in peoples' lives! We support individuals with intellectual disabilities, and the Community Trainer plays a role in making sure those individuals live as independently as possible. As a part of the Area Residential Care team, the Community Trainer will advocate for our individuals, build positive relationships with their employers, and help meet the needs of both the individual and the employer. The Community Trainer will go to multiple job sites and help our individuals in their place of employment. The Community Trainer will start at one of our residential homes and help transport clients. Then, they will be with our clients throughout their work hours. Later, they will return back to ARC's main building and help transport the clients back to their homes.
A highly qualified candidate will have:
- -A high school diploma/ G.E.D
- -Six months consistent work experience
- -Certification for passing medications or the ability to become certified
- -Ability to complete nine hours of training for job coaching
- -A valid driver's license
Area Residential Care offers a variety of perks including $1.50 weekend differential, a $1000 retention bonus, generous PTO, a retirement savings plan, and also health, dental, vision, and company paid life insurance.
Area Residential Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Area Residential Care does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
Schedule: Full-time. Mostly day hours with occasional evening hours.
Job Type: Full-time
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Valid Driver's License
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|