Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Area Residential Care is seeking a part-time driver for a 12 passenger/ wheelchair lift van to pick up and drop off our residents throughout Dubuque. The selected candidate will be assisting our individuals with loading and unloading them onto the van and will maintain the cleanliness of the vehicle so we provide a safe environment for our residents.
- -High School Diploma/GED
- -The ability to lift 20 lbs regularly and occasionally 50 lbs.
- -Must have valid Class D Chauffeur's License-Endorsement 3 or CDL Class C
- -The ability to operate a wheelchair lift and assist individuals in the van.
- -Morning route approximately is 7:00am-9:30am
- -Afternoon route approximately is 2:30pm-4pm
- -Additional trips as needed for outings throughout the day
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.49 per hour
Human and Social Services
CDL Class C License
|Years of Experience||--|