IT Technician-Hardware InternTheisen Home Farm Auto, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, Black River Falls WI and Jefferson, WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
DESCRIPTION: The Hardware Intern will install and update software on computer systems and networks, diagnose and repair technical issues, and assist in implementing and administering computers for the company. They will provide technical support to store associates through the use of telephone, remote access, email, and on-site contact. They will ensure that all hardware and software work properly, assemble hardware, troubleshoot computer equipment, and ensure it runs correctly prior to deployment to end users. A successful IT technician must possess exceptional problem-solving skills. Additionally, they must possess excellent interpersonal skills as well as an abundance of patience and must be organized and able to juggle multiple tasks. The job entails a general understanding of common business software and computer systems.
Education / Experience: Entry level coursework in technology related field or 1 year of relevant vocational experience
Technical Requirement: Equipment: Windows 10 workstations, Windows Servers & various software versions, switches and routers. POS keyboards, printers and scanners. Software: SQL, Microsoft Office Suite, Backup Exec, Vipre Antivirus, POS software preferred. MAC technology and troubleshoot MAC issues a plus.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Associates who do not possess the requirements for a job at the time of hire are expected to attain the skills, knowledge and abilities required within a reasonable period of time as determined by the hiring manager. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The extent of the following essential job duties and responsibilities required will be determined by management according to need.
- Install, move, maintain, and repair various computer equipment, RF guns, and assorted peripherals throughout all the locations within the organization.
- Provide technical assistance, and support to Associates relating to both hardware and software problems on their work computers.
- Prepare and maintain procedural documentation to assist in installation or ongoing support of software and hardware.
- Assist in the testing, and installation of new procedures, hardware, and software upgrades.
- Utilizing the company test network, test the affects the installation will have on the store’s network.
- Upgrade camera software as required and maintain all updates.
- Assist in maintaining the company Internet Access. Must be familiar with routers, remote access, and various Internet medium (DSL, Broadband and 4G Wireless).
- Assist in maintaining Microsoft Exchange to ensure a secure Email system. Help to identify potential email issues and ensure preventive measures required to maintain a secure email system are in place.
- Any other duties as requested by management.
This listing has expired
Digital Subscriber Line
Remote Access Systems
SQL (Programming Language)
Symantec Backup Exec
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
|Years of Experience||--|