Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative which offers a complete line of savings, checking/ATM, loan, mortgage, investment, trust, insurance, and online services. Dupaco is chartered to serve residents of the state of Iowa; Crawford, Grant, Iowa and Lafayette Counties in Wisconsin; and Carroll, Jo Daviess, Stephenson, Rock Island and Whiteside Counties in Illinois. Membership totals over 107,000 with assets of $1.6 billion. Offices are currently located in: Dubuque, Iowa; Asbury, Iowa; Dyersville, Iowa; Manchester, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Marion, Iowa; Cedar Falls, Iowa; Waterloo, Iowa; Carroll, Iowa; Galena, Illinois; and Platteville, Wisconsin. Connect online @ www.dupaco.com.
For additional opportunities and benefit information visit our careers page at: https://www.dupaco.com/dupaco-careers.html
Dupaco Community Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
There’s a lot to love about a career as a Mortgage Lending Consultant at Dupaco…from the handshakes, hugs, and thank yous to hearing “you made my dreams come true.” Your foundation is making connections, your structure is building relationships, and you make a living out of making a difference for our members – your friends, your neighbors, and your community. This is so much more than just writing a personal or home loan, it’s about creating opportunities so our members can reach their goals!
- Provide quality service to members, potential members and coworkers
- Demonstrate teamwork and professionalism in all interactions with coworkers
- Promote a professional image of the credit union at all times
- Recognize member and potential member needs and cross-sell and educate them on appropriate credit union services
- Maintains regular contact with members in order to resolve account problems as well as area attorneys, realtors, insurance agents and others obtaining information
- Interviews members applying for residential mortgage loans, explaining the various mortgage programs and requirements
- Analyze members' financial posture to determine if it meets minimum loan criteria established by the credit union
- Provide education, credit counseling, and mortgage makeovers for members as needed
- Conduct closings with buyers, sellers, real estate agents, attorneys and others; and explain figures and charges to appropriate parties
- Utilize technology both to improve member experiences and maximize efficiencies
- Prequalify buyers with information on income and expenses and provide education on the financing options available
- Servicing by phone or in person the need for answers to questions in costs, payments, programs, daily rates, points and etc.
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the requirements and features of the credit union loan programs to provide related information to applicants at closings
- Maintain general knowledge on state and local government funded programs which utilize grants and interest free loans to assist borrowers
- Serve as primary contact for mortgage loan questions through the mortgage loan process
- Proactively establish and maintain positive professional relationships with real estate agents, attorneys, etc. through networking and community involvement
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial industry with real estate lending experience, strongly preferred
- Knowledge in VA and FHA loans
- Ability to make sound decisions based on understanding of financial industry regulations
- To promote a professional image of the credit union while providing outstanding service to members, potential members, and coworkers
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to adjust your communication style to your audience
- Excellent computer skills with the ability to navigate between multiple programs and utilize dual computer screens
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|