Director of Web DevelopmentGreat River Learning, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A full-solutions company headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa, Great River Learning is an educational technology solutions company that works closely with the Higher Education market to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs of today's students.
We strive to provide the highest level of service and the most innovative products in the industry. We recognize that an educational web site is only as good as its instructional design, functionality, performance, and reliability and our goal is to deliver that for our clients.
For more information visit our website at
We are looking for someone who will be responsible for the oversight and management of our information technology application development team. You will be responsible for developing, project managing and support custom software applications.
As a Director of Web Development, you can expect to:
- Overall responsibility for maintaining all custom developed software including websites, apps and integrations
- Assist VP & CIO with recommendations and implementation of appropriate technology and programs based on overall corporate and divisional needs
- Reviews research and facts to make technical direction recommendations
- Participates in corporate managerial groups
- Oversees internal technology projects
- Provides leadership and oversight to staff; including hiring, assign and monitor projects and assist in problem solving process
Who Do We Need?
- Several years of web application background required
- Managerial experience required
- Qualified candidates should have a bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational, analytical and decision-making skills are essential.
- Job Stability. Kendall Hunt and their family of companies have been around for over 75 years
- Career Growth. Gain some great experience to promote to higher roles - many of our leadership and upper management staff worked their way up in our family of companies
- Benefits. Low premiums on our health insurance, with company paid disability and life insurance. 401(k) matching, as well
- Paid Time Off. You receive 3 weeks of PTO at hire
Who Are We?
Westmark Enterprises is a support organization headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa that provides support functions such as information technology, human resources, inventory control, telecommunications, finance and accounting for numerous affiliated companies, including Kendall Hunt Publishing, Westmark Development, Great River Learning, RCL Benziger, Fourge Social and Paradigm Education Solutions. To learn more about us, visit our website at www.westmarkenterprises.com.
It's More Than Just a Job?
Come work for our family of companies that strives to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, 401K, profit sharing and PTO. Please submit your resume and cover letter. We are excited to meet you!
An Equal Opportunity Employer
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|