Sanitation WorkerBimbo Bakeries USA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day
Bimbo Bakeries USA is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. As part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company, BBU is proud to share the company philosophy: Highly Productive and Deeply Humane in the U.S.
PURPOSE: Building a sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane company.
MISSION: Delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all.
VISION: In 2020 we transform the baking industry and expand our global leadership to better serve more consumers.
• We value the person
• We are one community
• We get results
• We compete and win
• We are sharp operators
• We act with integrity
• We transcend and endure
Not everyone is familiar with the Bimbo Bakeries USA name. However, everyone in the U.S. has likely enjoyed at least one of our many products at one time or another. Some of our iconic brands and fresh products can trace their histories back to the late 1800s or early 1900s, when our traditions of freshness and value began. Bimbo Bakeries USA’s story begins in 1994, when Grupo Bimbo – Mexico’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries – purchased La Hacienda, a California-based tortilla company. Bimbo Bakeries USA then entered the U.S. bread market in 1997 with the acquisition of Pacific Pride Bakeries of San Diego.
The company grew again in 1998 with the purchase of Mrs Baird’s Bakeries in Texas, which at the time was the largest family-owned bakery in the U.S. The combined operations were renamed Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU).
In 2002, BBU acquired the Western U.S. baking business of George Weston Ltd., adding such iconic premium brands as Oroweat®, Entenmann’s®, Thomas’® and Boboli®. In 2009, Grupo Bimbo purchased the remaining U.S. fresh baked goods business of George Weston Ltd., adding brands such as Arnold®, Brownberry®, Freihofer’s® and Stroehmann®.
In 2011, BBU completed its largest acquisition to date: Sara Lee’s North American Fresh Bakery business. Adding Sara Lee’s bread business doubled BBU in size, enabling us to better deliver on our mission, vision and values.
Today, BBU operates more than 60 bakeries, employs more than 20,000 associates and distributes products through 11,000 sales routes throughout the United States.
The Sanitation Worker is required to safely sanitize equipment by following processes and procedures to ensure our facility is maintained food safe and in regulatory compliance. In addition to sanitizing equipment, the job includes routine custodial services, building and grounds upkeep, tasks required according to the master sanitation schedule, and other duties as assigned.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Practices and complies with all company safety rules and procedures, including but not limited to, the Master Safety Rules, Lock Out / Tag Out, electrical safety, personal protective equipment and confined spaces.
- Sweeps, wipes, scrubs, vacuums, sanitizes, washes, and picks up as required to keep building, grounds and equipment clean and sanitary to provide an environment to produce wholesome food products meeting company, regulatory and customer standards.
- Assigned job responsibilities on plant sanitation days.
- Ensures safe and proper use of tools and equipment; ensures hand tools are free of defects; maintains neat and orderly work area, including proper storage/disposal of solvents, paints, and other cleaning chemicals in accordance with OSHA, EPA and other regulatory agencies and company policy.
- Communicates/coordinates with other departments to ensure optimum, efficient utilization of non-running time to properly maintain company's equipment.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Follow direction from plant managerial team and Foreperson.
- Other duties as assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to recognize and encourage the behaviors that contribute to teamwork
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all associates in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work on their own
Education and Work History:
High School Diploma or Equivalent Preferred
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 0-1 years of prior manufacturing/sanitation experience; food manufacturing is a plus
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, stack, and/or carry pans, ingredient containers, etc.
- Must be able to work around and with various food machinery equipment
- Must be able to measure ingredients and follow written instructions
- Have the ability to stand and/or stoop for the full shift
- Ability to work in a loud, hot work environment
- Willing to work irregular and/or rotating shifts, including split days off (non-consecutive days off)
- Working holidays and weekends is frequently required
- Must be 18 years or older
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans [or Vets]
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
This listing has expired
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Personal Protective Equipment
|Years of Experience||--|