Production SupervisorBimbo Bakeries USA, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day
Bimbo Bakeries USA is a leader in the baking industry, known for its category leading brands, innovative products, freshness and quality. As part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company, BBU is proud to share the company philosophy: Highly Productive and Deeply Humane in the U.S.
PURPOSE: Building a sustainable, highly productive and deeply humane company.
MISSION: Delicious and nutritious baked goods and snacks in the hands of all.
VISION: In 2020 we transform the baking industry and expand our global leadership to better serve more consumers.
• We value the person
• We are one community
• We get results
• We compete and win
• We are sharp operators
• We act with integrity
• We transcend and endure
Not everyone is familiar with the Bimbo Bakeries USA name. However, everyone in the U.S. has likely enjoyed at least one of our many products at one time or another. Some of our iconic brands and fresh products can trace their histories back to the late 1800s or early 1900s, when our traditions of freshness and value began. Bimbo Bakeries USA’s story begins in 1994, when Grupo Bimbo – Mexico’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries – purchased La Hacienda, a California-based tortilla company. Bimbo Bakeries USA then entered the U.S. bread market in 1997 with the acquisition of Pacific Pride Bakeries of San Diego.
The company grew again in 1998 with the purchase of Mrs Baird’s Bakeries in Texas, which at the time was the largest family-owned bakery in the U.S. The combined operations were renamed Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU).
In 2002, BBU acquired the Western U.S. baking business of George Weston Ltd., adding such iconic premium brands as Oroweat®, Entenmann’s®, Thomas’® and Boboli®. In 2009, Grupo Bimbo purchased the remaining U.S. fresh baked goods business of George Weston Ltd., adding brands such as Arnold®, Brownberry®, Freihofer’s® and Stroehmann®.
In 2011, BBU completed its largest acquisition to date: Sara Lee’s North American Fresh Bakery business. Adding Sara Lee’s bread business doubled BBU in size, enabling us to better deliver on our mission, vision and values.
Today, BBU operates more than 60 bakeries, employs more than 20,000 associates and distributes products through 11,000 sales routes throughout the United States.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates supports of General Bakery Safety, Food Safety, Food Defense initiatives and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ensures adherence to all quality requirements including Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), etc.
- Provides leadership, training and coaching with associates to create culture of inclusion and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring and maintaining a safe work environment through compliance of all Company, Local, State and Federal mandates or programs.
- Create a Continuous Improvement environment by improving products, service, and processes with the objective to reduce waste while striving for efficiency and profitability.
- Responsible for start-up including calculating orders, checking dough sheet, equipment condition and temperature settings.
- Monitors product quality; making formula changes as directed and tracks changes.
- Completes staff scheduling to ensure production lines are adequately staffed and coordinates with other departments to minimize downtime.
- Executes and maintains records for all phases of production relative to safety, food safety, key performance indicators, and order completion.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the food safety and quality systems and other 3rd party audits.
- Ensures compliance with AIB standards, Company policies and government regulations.
- Conducts incident investigations, responsible for reporting processes and ensuring any identified preventative actions are completed.
- Participates in, and drives LEAN manufacturing culture.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Results Achiever
- Change Agent
- People Oriented Leadership
- Learning and Adapting Best Practices
- Lives By and Promotes Values
Education and Work History:
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Some College is preferred.
- 2-5 years of supervisory experience in production, preferably in the food processing industry or fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to handle difficult conversations.
- Proficiency-level computer skills including MS Office applications. KRONOS knowledge is a plus.
- Strong organization skills and ability to handle multiple tasks/projects.
- Willingness to work varied shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
This listing has expired
Continuous Improvement Process
Good Manufacturing Practices
Hazard Analysis And Critical Control Points (HACCP)
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
Kronos (Timekeeping Software)
Product Quality (QA/QC)
Standard Operating Procedure
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|