Life Enrichment CoordinatorDubuque County, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque County Courthouse was built in 1891. The Courthouse serves as the center of County Government offices, and is a dominant landmark in the downtown Dubuque area. It is located at 720 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
Sunnycrest Manor is seeking a part time Evening Life Enrichment Coordinator that performs responsible technical work in supporting the general functioning of the Activity/Life Enrichment Department. Work hours will vary and will be mostly evenings and weekends.
Examples of Duties:
Meets with new residents, collects initial assessment data; orients new residents to facility and activity programs.
Provides and applies therapeutic techniques and services to meet the activity needs of residents.
Plans, prepares, sets up and implements group and individual recreation programs daily.
Assists residents on and off transportation for outings; accompanies and assists residents during outings; assists residents with personal needs in community.
Provides ideas and assists with preparation and distribution of monthly calendars.
Shops and orders materials for activity department.
Prepares and maintains records of resident attendance, participation and progress at activities.
Assist with resident money matters, sets up beauty parlor appointments, and assists residents to/from appointments; shops with and for residents.
Performs and monitors quality assurance standards and protocols.
Applies therapeutic techniques to all programs.
Assists in data gathering for MDS and Care Plans.
Creates and updates electronic files, forms, and flyers.
Work with volunteers, including directing and assisting with activities implemented by volunteers. Assists with volunteer orientation and training.
Implements 1-1 visits and group activities visits in a therapeutic manner.
Assists with planning and implementation of large-scale facility events at Sunnycrest.
Follows prescribed protocols for maintaining privacy and confidentiality of protected health information in accordance with HIPAA standard.
Follows prescribed protocols for safety and infection control.
Acts as Mandatory Reporter as defined in the Code of Iowa.
Support and participate in facility Home & Heart program, which recognizes individuality and honors resident choices.
High school diploma or GED school and 1-3 years of recreational therapy experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Demonstrated competency at implementing activities and excellent work attendance record.
Possess CNA certification or must obtain within six months of employment
Must possess a valid driver's license and maintain throughout duration of employment. Must be willing to operate all Sunnycrest vehicles, including wheelchair lift vans and facility golf cart.
Must pass the prescribed pre-employment physical, abuse registry review, and criminal background check.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Moderate knowledge of:
Implementing 1-1 and group activities and activity interventions.
- Understand and follow oral and written directions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with residents and other employees. Work with residents and staff to promote activities, encourage participation in activities and assistance to/from activities.
- Meet the public effectively in promoting Sunnycrest Manor, including assisting residents and families in a pleasant and effective manner
- Use business office equipment (computers, phones, scanner, paging systems, etc.).
- Adept in use of computer/EMR programs including Microsoft Office Suite, Point Click Care and Point of Care
- Multi-task with multiple interruptions and handle stressful situations in a calm manner both at Sunnycrest Manor and in the community.
- Be a highly motivated self-starter and able to self-direct work
- Motivate residents and advocate for them.
- Maintain flexibility with schedule to meet facility needs, including working evenings and weekends.
- Assist department and residents with technology, including iPads/tablets, Alexas, uploading and filing electronic pictures, etc. Technological know-how in these areas is preferred.
- Be a team player with a positive attitude, including excellent communication skills.
- Show enthusiasm in entertaining residents, i.e. dancing/singing with them. Bring fun to residents.
Physical, Mental, and Environmental Requirements:
Vision abilities required by this job including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Effective verbal speaking and hearing abilities are needed to handle communications with staff, residents, and others.
Requires pushing, pulling, and lifting up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally with assistance.
Requires ability to walk steps, reaching, squatting, stooping, bending, and sitting, pushing, pulling, twisting, gripping. This position spends a majority of time on their feet.
Some exposure to slippery surfaces when floors are wet.
Exposure to chemicals from cleaning compounds and exposure to bodily fluids require the use of personal protective equipment to safe guard against potential biological and chemical hazards.
Work is primarily indoors.
Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions and some outdoor work.
To Apply visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dubuquecounty
Deadline to Apply is December 31, 2020 3:00PM
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|