Director of Disability ServicesDubuque County, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
The Dubuque County Courthouse was built in 1891. The Courthouse serves as the center of County Government offices, and is a dominant landmark in the downtown Dubuque area. It is located at 720 Central Avenue in Dubuque.
Dubuque County is accepting applications for a full-time Director of Disability Services to perform services and collaboratively works with regional Coordinators; works directly with Dubuque County Board of Supervisors and other county staff and community stakeholders to plan and implement services that support adult and children’s brain health, developmental needs and comorbidities.
Examples of Duties:
- Acts as Coordinator of Disability Services for Dubuque County MH/DS system;
- Tracks services and costs for people supported directly by the county through mental health commitments or other programs
- Develops, submits, and monitors the county administrative budget
- Collects and reports data to the county Board of Supervisors
- Interacts with the public to provide education and information
- Assists in the assignment of work, hiring, training and disciplinary decisions, using independent judgement, with support staff. Conducts performance appraisals of the support staff
- Effectively engages the community to innovatively develop new services that support brain health, developmental needs and comorbidities
- Collaborates with other funders, service providers, people with disabilities and their families, and advocates
- Works collaboratively with the Regional CEO and other Coordinators to ensure that:
- Intake in the MH/DS system is completed for any persons wishing to access regionally funded services
- The Region’s budget is intentionally set to balance the needs of people supported as well as accountable and responsive to tax payers
- The Region’s Strategic Plan is supported and implemented
- The Region’s policy and procedure manual is developed and remains in compliance with all applicable laws, County and Regional policies, and program standards.
- Data is collected, analyzed, and reported to the Dubuque County Board of Supervisors and Regional Governing Board, as requested
- Service development is innovative and in accordance with Iowa Code requirements
- Regional quality assurance activities are implemented, supported, and measured
- State reporting requirements are sufficiently met
- The County and Region’s provider network is robust and adequately supported
Bachelor's Degree in social work, public health administration or related human services field from an accredited college or university is required.
- Master's degree is preferred.
- Must have experience working with people with disabilities.
- Must have experience working with people with comorbidities.
- The state’s Mental Health/Disability Services system
- Effective brain health, comorbidities and developmental supports
- Designing and implementing quality improvement activities, including program evaluation
- Budgeting procedures
- Computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications.
- Present ideas effectively, orally and in written form
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with county officials, regional staff, service providers, people with disabilities, and the general public
- Conduct detailed analytical evaluation and studies, and prepare related reports and recommendations
- Actively engage with an annual professional development plan with the Regional CEO
To Apply visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dubuquecounty
Deadline to Apply is December 23, 2020 3:00PM
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Service Development Studio
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|