Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Area Residential Care (ARC) is hiring for a Direct Support Professional that wants to make a difference in the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities. We encourage compassion, creativity, and having fun while you work. Employees here develop long lasting relationships with the clients we serve, and they create memories with them that last a lifetime!
As a DSP at Area Residential Care, you will provide dedicated service to our individuals. This means providing personal care, going on outings, participating in activities, and assisting with day-to-day life skills. No experience is required, we offer paid training and have two Education Specialists who will lead you through what it takes to be a DSP.
- -High school diploma or GED
- -Valid driver's license
- -6 months' consecutive work experience
- -Ability to lift 20 lbs regularly and occasionally 50 lbs
- -Basic computer skills
A highly qualified candidate will have:
- -Med Manager/Med Aid Certification
- -Previous DSP experience
- -A passion for helping others!
WHY ARC? Area Residential Care is a non-profit organization that is dedicated to fulfilling the lives of adults with intellectual disabilities and guiding them to achieve their highest quality of life! We value the lives and well-being of both the individuals we serve as well as our employees. ARC is a place to learn, have fun, build relationships, and grow into a well-rounded direct support professional. Full-time staff are eligible to receive health, dental, life, and vision insurance, as well as accrue PTO. Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For more information on ARC's services, check out our website at https://www.arearesidentialcare.org/
ARC is now offering a $1.50 wage differential on weekends, a $1000 retention bonus, and a $500 referral bonus!
1st shift: 7a-3:30p
2nd shift: 3p-11p
3rd shift: 11p-7a
Full or Part Time
Human and Social Services
Valid Driver's License
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|