Medical Billing/ARSedona Staffing Services, San Mateo, CA
This listing has expired
Sedona Staffing Services is a, global staffing, recruiting, and executive search firm. We locate qualified professionals, who excel in their careers, and provide customized staffing solutions for our client companies. Nationally, we're part of , a global recruiting network, whose reach allows Sedona to recruit skilled candidates for highly technical, medical, executive, or hard-to-fill positions.
In summary, Sedona specializes in finding the right fit for both job seekers and businesses.
Our customized staffing solutions help businesses reduce costs and risk, increase efficiency, and provide flexibility.
Job seekers benefit from our free services and vast employer connections that aid in their job search and placement.
Position: Medical Billing/AR
Hourly Pay Rate: $19/hr
Long Term Contract – Over a 1 year – Full Time (40hrs/week) – 7:30am to 4pm PST
Looking to interview and hire quickly!
You will submit medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid. Ensure the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies.
- Obtain referrals and pre-authorizations as required for procedures
- Check eligibility and benefit verification
- Review patient bills for accuracy and completeness and obtain any missing information
- Prepare, review, and transmit claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines, including HMO/PPO, Medicare, and state Medicaid
- Follow up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe
- Check each insurance payment for accuracy and compliance with contract discount
- Call insurance companies regarding any discrepancy in payments if necessary
- Identify and bill secondary or tertiary insurances
- All accounts are to be reviewed for insurance or patient follow-up
- Research and appeal denied claims
- Answer all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Set up patient payment plans and work collection accounts
- Update billing software with rate changes
- Updates cash spreadsheet, runs collection reports
- High School Diploma - REQUIRED
- At least 5 years of experience - REQUIRED
- Experience with California Medicaid and Epic - REQUIRED
- Knowledge of HMO/PPO, Medicare, Medicaid, and other payer requirements and systems - REQUIRED
- Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve issues
- Customer service skills for interacting with patients regarding medical claims and payments, including communicating with patients and family members of diverse ages and backgrounds
- Able to work in a team environment
- Problem-solving skills to research and resolve discrepancies, denials, appeals, collections
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping procedures
- Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims
To apply for this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
-Sedona Staffing Services is an equal opportunity employer.
This listing has expired
San Mateo, CA
Medical Billing And Coding
|Years of Experience||--|