Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - PRNHills & Dales, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Hills & Dales, a not-for-profit human services organization provides services to children and young adults with severe and profound mental and physical disabilities. It has always been the primary focus to serve people with significant medical needs. Hills & Dales values a quality of life that enhances dignity, upholds rights and encourages choices by the individual.
"It is our work, guided by our mission of building meaningful lives to serve our stakeholders; including residents and clients, their families, employees and society at large. We strive to make a positive difference in the quality of life of each individual we support."
Marilyn Althoff, Chief Executive Officer
Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - PRN position:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administers scheduled/assigned medications accurately according to the six R’s: Right Resident, Right Medication, Right Dose, Right Time, Right Route and Right Documentation.
- Lifts and positions residents as required to administer treatment and/or medication.
- Monitors stock medication supply and prepare medication orders as scheduled.
- Documents medication administration accurately and in a timely manner.
- Maintains a working knowledge of medications administered.
- Performs assigned treatments utilizing the proper procedures and techniques.
- Maintains a working knowledge of resident programs and procedures and applies them to medication/treatment tasks.
- Informs nurse on duty of medication/treatment errors that are discovered in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance to the shift nurse by observations regarding resident health and safety; following directions provided by nurses during medical emergencies and routine daily tasks.
- Monitors nursing inventory supply and prepare supply list for items needed; maintains and stocks nursing areas during assigned shift.
- Accompanies residents to medical appointments, as assigned; may drive Center vehicles for errands or transportation, if an approved driver.
- Maintains resident/client privacy.
- Assures the confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee, and operations data in accordance with HIPAA policy & confidentiality procedures.
- Assists with the direct support of residents as needed.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Works alternate or additional shifts as assigned.
- Free of a conviction or prior employment history of child or resident abuse or dependent adult abuse.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Certification as a medication aide in the state of Iowa.
If you are interested in applying please visit:
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|