TH Media publishes the Telegraph Herald, a general interest daily newspaper and on-line news source published in Dubuque, Iowa 365 days a year. The TH's circulation is 26,000 and total weekly readership is 100,000 in the Dubuque tri-state area of Iowa, Wisconsin and Illinois. The TH specializes in local and regional news coverage, but offers a comprehensive package of state, national and international news as well. Along with news, sports and commentary, the newspaper also features a full complement of retail and classified advertising. Additional publications include monthly magazines and special inserts. Telegraphherald.com provides the most comprehensive coverage of Dubuque-area news, weather and sports on the Internet. TH Media is a division of Woodward Communications, Inc.
Woodward Communications, Inc. (WCI) is a multimedia communications company employing over 500 employee owners at 21 locations – servicing communities in Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois and customers throughout the nation and Canada. With its corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, WCI is owned by the Woodward family and its employees through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan. The ESOP owns approximately 97% of the company.
Identifies, selects and gathers content of interest and importance to customers and audience. Produces and presents information in an accurate and timely manner in appropriate forms and formats, including but not limited to text (i.e., articles and lists), video, audio, weblinks and public documents.
- Monitors events, activities and issues in assigned geographic and subject area(s).
- Suggests content and coverage within assigned areas, coordinates with supervisors and peers.
- Posts content on social media as directed, consistent with policy and content strategy.
- Takes still photos (mostly head-and-shoulders images) and video.
- Writes text for video stories. Records narrative audio, as assigned.
- Develops and maintains ongoing contact with sources in assigned geographical and topical area(s).
- Selects wire or syndicated content (stories, photos, graphics, videos) for presentation in print product(s), digital products and social media.
- Edits and processes staff-created content (stories, photos, graphics, videos) for presentation in print product(s), digital products and social media.
- Edits content for accuracy, completeness, and AP and local style.
- Writes accurate, complete and compelling headlines appropriate for the platform (print, digital, social).
- Designs print-product pages.
- Produces maps, charts and graphics from existing templates, as necessary.
- Meets deadlines.
- Monitors news and issues, from local to international.
- Suggests content and coverage consistent with audience interest and editorial direction.
- Suggests and initiates programs and procedures to enhance products, efficiency and morale.
- Adheres to company and departmental policies.
- Adheres to standard practices and ethical standards of the industry.
- Positive representative of department, company and industry at all times.
- Attends and participates in corporate initiatives such as Great Game of Business, ESOP meetings, etc.
- Provides quality customer service via phone, email and face-to-face interaction to both internal and external customers.
- Communicates information to the appropriate individuals and/or departments in a timely manner, such as news tips, source suggestions or real or potential customer-relations issues.
- Works in cooperation with all members of company in general and Editorial Department in particular.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Customer Relationship Management
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|