Group Leader - Finely DCY Early Childhood Center Part TimeDubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, Dubuque, IA
Learn, Grow and Thrive with a Career at the Y
Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you. In more than 10,000 communities nationwide, our staff members—of all ages and from diverse back–grounds and life experiences—enjoy the personal satisfaction that comes from nurturing the potential of youth and teens, improving the nation’s health and well-being and providing support to our neighbors.
The Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adult, families and communities. Everyday our impact is felt when an individual makes a healthy choice, when a mentor inspires a child and when a community comes together for the common good.
With a areas of impact incliding YOUTH DEVELOPMENT, HEALTHY LIVING, SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY, ELIMINATING RACISM, and EMPOWERING WOMEN, strengthening communities is our cause. At the Y, we believe that lasting personal and social change happens when we all work together. Every day we work side-by-side with our neighbors to make sure that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
This position supports the work of the Dubuque Community YMCA/YWCA, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living, social responsibility, empowering women and eliminating racism. Provides direction for the children in the classroom, and implements program curriculum. Provides a quality experience to children and parents that focuses on building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
- Assists the Lead Teacher in meeting the needs of the children.
- Assists with planning and preparation of the activities for the children.
- Supervises and actively participates in play activities with the children.
- Familiar with child management techniques and is able to use them to encourage appropriate behaviors.
- Communicates discipline challenges to the Lead Teacher or Coordinator, and works to develop a behavior management technique that includes redirection and conflict management.
- Assists with snack preparation, serving, and clean up.
- Be familiar with and adheres to DHS regulations.
- Presents self in a professional manner; dresses appropriately.
- Attends staff meetings and any additional education required by DHS or the Department of Education.
- May be designated as the onsite supervisor in the absence of the Lead Teacher, or at the beginning/end of the day. Duties would then include: supervising children until they depart, straighten classroom, and put away materials, toys, and games.
- Other duties as assigned.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person's point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Must be at least 18 years of age, have some direct childcare experience and basic knowledge of children and child development
- Must receive a negative Criminal Records Check Report
- Must provide a physical report with a negative TB test
- Must either be certified or can be certified in CPR/First Aid, Universal Precautions and Bloodborne Pathogens. Training in Mandatory Child Abuse provided.
- Demonstrates dependability and a positive attitude
- Respects the confidentiality of childcare matters
- Demonstrates good communication skills with children, parents and other staff
- Completes required DHS licensing continuing education annually
- Must work well with others and be willing to accept responsibilities and directions from supervisor
- Projects a positive attitude about the Y childcare programs, as the site of choice, for the community
- Promotes the Y mission and core values in their behavior and in the development of children's programs
- Participates and assists with other Y programs. Becomes involved in Y volunteer opportunities
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
We are looking to hire an opener to work with our Finley Site ages 6 weeks to 3 years old. You would open the building and help care for kids as they enter. The hours are Monday through Friday from 5:30 am - 8:30 am but may vary depending on ratio. Other hours may be available with prior knowledge.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
|Years of Experience||--|