Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors, and controls. Established in 1905, and still family-owned, Bodine Electric Company continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest CNC machining, winding, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
CNC Machine Operator
Use machine tools, such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders, to produce precision metal parts.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate Computer Numeric (CNC) Machines and other manufacturing equipment/tools to produce precision sub-assembly components
- Read blueprints, or computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) files, along with process plans.
- Align, secure, and adjust cutting tools and workpieces
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines
- Turn, mill, drill, shape, and grind machine parts to specifications
- Measure, examine, and test completed products for defects
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows all departmental work procedures and company policies, including all company safety policies
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable
- Ensures the work area and equipment are properly maintained to provide a safe and efficient operation
- Participates in employee training programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, and various gauges
- Ability to use company computer systems
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and other process documentation
- Must be self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Must be receptive to on-the-job training
- Must be able to pass a post-offer physical, drug screen, and background check
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- Consistent pace.
- Clean and temperature-controlled environment
- Exposed to materials and noise levels that are well within the limits set by the Occupational Safety & Health Administration
- Personal protective equipment required as instructed
- Work is considered “medium work” from the physical demand definitions of the dictionary of Occupational Titles According to the Department of Labor
Skilled Labor Trades
Computer Numerical Control (CNC)
Cutting Tool (Machining)
Occupational Safety And Health
Personal Protective Equipment
Quality Management Systems
Standard Operating Procedure
Training And Development
|Years of Experience||--|