RN/Nurse Care ManagerArea Residential Care, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Who We Are
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit, 501(c) 3 organization, created in 1968 by a group of parents and other interested parties. Its mission is to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life. From its inception, Area Residential Care’s purpose has been to provide community-based services for persons with intellectual disabilities. The organization has grown over the past 40 years to serve an average of 250-275 people with disabilities annually; providing residential, vocational, and day services in Dubuque and Dyersville communities.
Through a variety of community-based residential and vocational programs, Area Residential Care helps people with disabilities become active, participating members of the community. Giving people with disabilities choices about where and how they live, work and socialize with their non-disabled peers is the essence of Area Residential Care’s purpose.
It is the vision of Area Residential Care that every individual has the opportunity to live, work, and participate in a supportive and accessible community.
It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
Area Residential Care is committed to the following values that support our vision and mission statement.
- Every person has rights and the responsibilities associated with them.
- Every person is to be treated with dignity and respect.
- Every person has unique needs and preferences that influence the choices he or she makes about his or her life and services.
- Every person is to be provided the opportunity to live, work and participate in recreational activities in the community as the natural environment.
- Every person is to be provided with encouragement, opportunity and supports to live life to the fullest.
- Every person is to be given the opportunity to provide direct feedback on his or her satisfaction with services, and given a prompt response to concerns.
Do you excel working in a multidisciplinary team environment that serves individuals with intellectual disabilities? Do you enjoy the flexibility of using hands on clinical skills while developing your nurse leadership and management skills? Area Residential Care is looking for a dedicated and compassionate RN to join our Nursing Services department to provide patient care for 24 adults with intellectual disabilities with a range of support needs.
The Nurse Care Manager will ensure seamless management of the individuals’ health care issues and provide ongoing collaboration with managed care organizations, primary care physicians, and primary care teams. The Nursing Services team assists in the development of self-care plans, including interventions, to attain improved behavioral and medical health outcomes. Patient care includes assessing injuries/accidents to direct follow-up care, completing quarterly assessments of the case load, charting, oversight of medication, and responding to emergencies as needed.
This position works primarily days, Monday-Friday, on a part-time or full-time basis. Hours are flexible - set your own schedule. The person selected for this position will work from the agency’s main office and day programming services site.
- An RN currently licensed to practice in Iowa;
- An outstanding communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel;
- Highly organized;
- As comfortable working independently as you are collaborating in a team environment;
- Able to lift and transfer 20 to 50 pounds.
- Able to drive agency or personal vehicle. Must possess valid driver's license and possess a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria.
Experience with the IDD community is highly desirable.
Wage is $21.32-$24/hr. depending upon experience and education, with some flexibility for the highly qualified candidate. $1,000 sign-on bonus plus retention bonuses paid at 3, 6, and 12 months!
Submit current resume and 3 professional references to:
Area Residential Care is a private non-profit organization dedicated to empowering people with intellectual disabilities and supporting them to achieve their highest quality of life. We offer full-time employees the opportunity to participate in a range of benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement savings plans with employer contribution, vision coverage, and paid time off. Area Residential Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Area Residential Care does not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
This listing has expired
Full or Part Time
Human and Social Services
Good Driving Record
Valid Driver's License
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|