Hodge is a performance-driven logistics and material handling company that delivers an efficient way to approach the many layers of the supply chain. From the strategy, down to execution, Hodge provides the products, people and solutions that allows companies to optimize their supply chains. We combine 60 years of warehousing and distribution management experience as a third-party logistics provider with our knowledge as a material handling equipment dealer to offer integrated, end-to-end solutions for our customers.
From finding and planning your warehouse space to be the most effective and efficient for your needs, to supplying you with and servicing the best equipment available, to the management of materials from point A to point B, and everything in between, Hodge provides solutions at every phase of your operation and supply chain.
Headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Hodge brings to the table nearly 6 decades of industry experience, nearly 800 dedicated employees, operating in 24 locations across 5 states. We bring ideas to life by delivering smart, honest service and an ironclad commitment to helping our customers achieve their goals.
Take a look at Hodge and you’ll find a growing, dynamic company in an industry that’s ever-changing. If you’ve got a Whatever It Takes mentality, you’ve found your place at Hodge - Join us today!
Essential Duties: Essential job duties for this position include the following items. Other duties must be performed as assigned or required.
- Develop and enforce safety policies, programs, and procedures
- Oversee the new hire safety training program
- Identify best practices and lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce work process risks, raise safety awareness, and improve safe work practices
- Perform audits and inspections to recognize and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance
- Investigate industrial accidents, near-miss incidents, and occupational injuries to determine causes, install preventive measures, and manage return-to-work activities
- Own and administer workers’ compensation program
- Ensure accurate safety record keeping and data integrity through online applications
- Coordinate and provide safety records for current and prospective customers
- Analyze trends and propose actions plans to operations
- Manage relationships with safety partners
- Coordinate facility maintenance of safety inventory including supplies and equipment
- Support DOT compliance and driver safety programs
- Keep current on regulatory updates that impact the organization
- Frequent travel to various satellite facilities
- Stay current with changing technology
- Uphold, support, and promote all company policies and procedures
Reporting to this position: Safety Coordinators
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, the Safety Manager must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The following requirements are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill and ability required.
- Four (4) years combined post-secondary education and experience with at least two (2) of those years in a safety role
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations/reporting
- Basic computer proficiency (Microsoft Office Tools)
- Bachelor’s degree and/or safety related continuing education
- A strong understanding of OSHA and safety regulations
- Experience leading change in a multiple site environment and managing multiple direct reports
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|