As a leader in customized education publishing solutions, Kendall Hunt has been privately owned and operated for almost 70 years. We currently employ approximately 180 people at our Dubuque, Iowa, headquarters, with an additional 70 people throughout the United States.
Our mission is to meet the specific needs of the marketplace in a unique and progressive manner, and we are committed to excellence and employee growth and development.
We offer career opportunities in sales and acquisitions, account management, project development, customer support, information technology, finance, accounting, clerical support and human resources. We provide a comprehensive benefit package and full-time and part-time flexible schedules, including internships.
Our Higher Education Division is a leader in custom publishing of high quality educational products, services and solutions to the higher education market, including digital solutions and eBooks as well as printed material.
Our PreK-12 Division is a leader in publishing solutions of innovative, hands-on inquiry based solutions for the PreK-12 market.
We also collaborate closely with our related educational technology solutions companies to develop and customize publications that integrate multi-media and technology to meet the learning needs and expectations of today’s students.
For more information, visit Kendall Hunt’s website https://www.kendallhunt.com
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/H
We are looking for an Author Account Manager to create long-term, trusting relationships with our authors. As an Author Account Manager, you will work with authors to help upsell products and add-ons. This account management, and inside sales role, is perfect for those who are just starting out in their sales career. No previous sales experience necessary! We are looking for coachable, highly motivated individuals.
Who Is Kendall Hunt Publishing?
As a leader in customized educational publishing solutions headquartered in Dubuque, IA, Kendall Hunt Publishing has been privately owned and operated for over 65 years. We offer high quality educational materials, services and solutions to the Higher Education Academic market. We see enormous business opportunity because we know most students don't read traditional 900-page textbooks...unless they're cramming for a test. We develop educational materials that are well designed, interactive, and in line with the educational goals of the author and, in turn, the students. Our employees are driven and passionate about excelling, learning, having fun, and making the world a better place by helping to improve the experience of both college-level students and professors. Visit our website at www.kendallhunt.com to learn more.
What Does An Author Account Manager Do?
- Manage sales and relationships with assigned authors, including up-selling to existing authors to maximize sales
- Travel to visit assigned authors or attend conventions to promote Kendall Hunt products
- Initiate and manage revision and reprint process for assigned authors
- Coordinate contracts and production process for revisions
- Create schedules and communicates with authors to keep them on schedule
- Generate leads for outside sales through bookstore contacts and author referrals
- Proactively work to gain referrals for other potential authors and adopters
- Implement successful sales strategies to increase sales and profits on assigned accounts
Who Do We Need?
- You understand the importance of a positive customer experience and what your role is in that overall experience
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and look at your career in terms of growing your business
- You are a great communicator, people person and problem solver
- You are competitive with yourself, and others around you
- Sales experiences is not necessary as long as you are coachable
- You have a Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Hourly rate, plus an uncapped bonus plan
It's More Than Just a Job!
Come work for our family of companies that strives to be more than just a publishing company. We build more than a community here, we build a family with our employees, and our clients. We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, STD, 401K, profit sharing and PTO. We are excited to meet you!
Send your resume, cover letter along with what your salary requirements are to:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|