Greenhouse Systems Project EngineerEngineering Services and Products Company(FarmTek), Dyersville, IA
This listing has expired
FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
This candidate must be a self starter who has knowledge of the complexities of a greenhouse growing systems specification and design which encompasses irrigation, fertigation, water storage/reclamation and environmental systems. Candidate must be able to function as part of an engineering team as well as work closely with and advise the sales and installation staff. Must have a sufficient understanding of project execution and design engineering to thoroughly define project scope and determine budget estimations for the growing system portion of large scale (1+ acre) projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and engineering greenhouse growing systems for large installations.
- Perform calculations to ensure proper component specification and integration for irrigation, fertigation and water storage.
- Write specifications to ensure applicable building/environmental codes are met.
- Working knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Experience with AutoCad, Solidworks, Tekla or SketchUp software a plus.
- Specialization in greenhouse growing systems design or equivalent with 5 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude, willing and able to research and learn complex topics with minimal guidance
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple activities/projects
- Must have strong communication skills with an ability to effectively manage conflict
- Experience with project scheduling and management of multiple projects
- Ability to work effectively in teams or alone
- Able to maintain a results oriented demeanor in a fast paced environment
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- 5+ years of experience with greenhouse growing systems design or equivalent required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to use Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to use sound judgement with good mechanical aptitude and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and /or move up to 20-50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee will primarily be in an office environment but may be exposed to work in manufacturing or warehouse areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but could be louder in the production/warehouse areas.
This listing has expired
Irrigation (Landscaping And Agriculture)
SketchUp (3D Modeling Software)
Tekla (BIM Software)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|