Klauer Manufacturing is an industry leader in manufacturing sheet metal building products serving the residential, agricultural and light commercial markets with thousands of product options.
We have been in business since 1870 and are in our fifth generation of being family owned and operated.
We have distribution partners in 43 states and have over 250,000 square feet of manufacturing space in Dubuque, IA.
Klauer Manufacturing is focused on attracting and retaining talented employees that will continue to grow the business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assign and direct the job assignments of the production group throughout the day to maximize efficiency within the various departments. Areas to include production, receiving and shipping.
- Mentor and coach production employees to aid in their development.
- Monitor the production and shipping schedules to ensure acceptable on-time deliveries.
- Use metrics and root cause analysis to identify and establish improvement initiatives.
- Use lean manufacturing tools to reduce setups, cycle times, scrap, work in process inventory and any quality non-conformances.
- Responsible for observing and enforcing all applicable safety requirements.
- Improve quality programs to increase the yield of production; this requires establishing detailed procedures at various stages of the manufacturing process.
- Help facilitate non-conforming material processes and institute any corrective actions.
- Review scrap to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Enact quality control procedures to resolve production problems or minimize costs.
- Direct any product measurement, inspection, and/or testing for quality or reliability.
- Develop operating instructions and equipment specifications for production activities.
- Review production schedules and process flows to objectively evaluate obstacles preventing product delivery.
- Monitor internal lead times.
- Ensure that the necessary number and type of production workers are on the job to manufacture products.
- Cross-train workers so that they can fill in production positions as needed.
- Develop operational strategies to minimize inventory and/or standardize WIP.
- Perform engineering analysis to reduce changeover time and downtime.
- Design processes and workspace layouts to ensure efficient production.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations Management, Industrial Technology, Logistics or Supply Chain desired.
- Minimum 5-10 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles.
Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, and stooping. Strength rating for this job is L – Light Work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical requirements are more than those for sedentary work.
Class II – Light (Dictionary of Occupational Titles 4th Edition Vol. I & Vol. II)
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|