CNC Programmer - 1st shiftBodine Electric Company, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Bodine Electric Company is the industry choice for small gearmotors, motors, and controls. Established in 1905, and still family-owned, Bodine Electric Company continues to set the standards for quality manufacturing and engineering excellence in the power transmission and motion control industry.
Bodine Electric's commitment to quality begins with our highly trained engineering professionals at two main company facilities. Our corporate headquarters in Northfield, Illinois, is home to our design engineering teams, research and development labs, and our sales support, and marketing teams.
Peosta, Iowa is the home of our component manufacturing and final assembly operations. Bodine Electric utilizes the industry's latest CNC machining, winding, and assembly equipment. Final assembly operations are supported by several manufacturing engineers, as well as a Lean Manufacturing team --all with 10+ years experience in fractional horsepower (less than 1HP) gearmotor and motor manufacturing.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Optimize dual spindle & horizontal machines for part quality, consistency, and cycle time.
- Standardize & document
- Set-up procedures
- Assures machine programs and tooling meet all requirements.
- Seek out and document potential process improvements.
- Assist in the development and evaluation of new tooling or processes
- Troubleshoot processes, programs, and mechanical issues.
- Generate CNC programs including but not limited lathes, mills, hobbers, and grinders.
- Program, setup, and operation of new and/or non-standard parts (e.g. Samples, FTO)
- Assist in capability studies
- Train department associates.
- Communicate and coordinates other BEC departments to achieve production schedules and other BEC goals and objectives.
- Occasional overtime required.
General Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows all departmental work procedures and company policies, including all company safety policies.
- Participates in maintaining the company’s quality system and adheres to standard operating procedures as applicable.
- Participates in employee training programs.
- Ensures the work area and equipment are properly maintained to provide a safe and efficient operation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications
- Ability to use measuring equipment such as calipers, micrometers, and various gauges.
- Ability to read and understand Mazatrol programming and controls.
- Ability to read and understand G&M programming and controls.
- Ability to read and understand CMM programming and controls.
- Must be able to use BEC information systems such as Visual PDM, 4th Shift, etc. as required.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and other BEC process documentation.
- Must be able to manage and lead the activities of other associates to achieve company goals
- Good written and verbal communication skills required.
Experience and Education
- High school diploma or general education development (GED) required.
- Fast-paced, temperature-controlled manufacturing environment.
- Exposed to materials and noise levels that are well within the acceptable limits set by Occupational Safety & Health Administration on an occasional basis.
- Personal protective equipment required as instructed.
- Anti-Static personal equipment required as instructed.
- Sits and/or stands for time periods up to 10 hours.
- Work is considered “Light Work” with occasional “Medium Work” from the Physical Demand Definitions of the Dictionary of Occupational Titles according to the Department of Labor.
This listing has expired
Skilled Labor Trades
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (OSHA)
Quality Management Systems
Standard Operating Procedure
Training And Development
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Verbal Communication Skills
|Years of Experience||--|