THE MISSION OF THE FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH IS TO CHANGE MINDSETS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO GENERATIONAL POVERTY.
In order to achieve this, we work with underprivileged youth and adults in the Dubuque community to help them re-write their narratives.
Through this process, participants’ stories change from the crisis-to-crisis mentality into one of future-mindedness. They grow personally and spiritually and become civic-minded individuals.
We equip each participant with the necessary tools to attain and maintain gainful employment with opportunities for skills training and advancement; or to complete their GED and pursue higher education or vocational opportunities.
Our purpose is to help participants see a new vision for their lives other than the one that has been told to them by their circumstance.
- Monitors and ensures compliance and funder requirements for the non-profit.
- Facilitate the annual budget process.
- Reviews financial statements and data. Utilize financial data to improve efficiency. Prepare and control operational budgets. Control inventory. Recommend strategies for the financial well-being of FoY.
- Responsible for office management including but not limited to, telephone and internet services, connecting with building management, postage, UPS/FED Ex Services, copier, hardware, software, and leased equipment.
- Provide administrative assistance, including oversight of facility vendors and contracts and establishing and managing vendor accounts and relationships.
- Works with the Executive Director to assist in the recruitment and replacement of required staff; training and development of new staff, establishment of organizational structure; delegation of tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules and supervise staff.
- Maintains employee personnel files, the FoY personnel policy handbook, job descriptions and provides periodic review and updates.
- Manage the overall accounting & bookkeeping for the organization including accounts payable and receivable, inventory, assets, banking, and payroll functions. Handles entry of income, expenses, and payroll via QuickBooks.
- Works closely with the Executive Director to handle revenue for all development initiatives, including but not limited to:
- Creating and monitoring all grant budgets and grant-related information.
- Processing and tracking all forms of donations; tracking use of funds and producing reports.
- Event planning and communications
- Provide monthly financial reporting and analysis of financial statements, including statement of activities, fund balance, sources/uses of funds to the Executive Director and to the Board of Directors.
- Oversees insurance policies & renewals, including general liability, property, workers comp, directors & officers, etc.
- Manages MOU contracts, contracts with public & private agencies, grant contracts and files.
- Attends community meetings and events in the evenings and on weekends occasionally and when necessary.
- Ensure the integrity of Salsa and QuickBooks programs used to store and maintain donor, sponsor, vendor, and participant information.
- Work with Executive director on developing, tracking, and communicating program metrics
- Coordinate the storage and communication of important documents
- Work with our volunteers to understand and assist in implementation of technology changes
- Manage and coordinate with volunteers and interns who work with FOY
- Oversee new board member orientation and onboarding process
- Work with the Board of Directors to ensure the Strategic Plan is being implemented.
- Schedule, organize, plan, and execute committee and board meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or administrative field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in non-profit operations, administration, and finance.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a diverse constituency.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a small, non-profit environment.
- Proficiency with QuickBooks, Microsoft Office & Google Apps
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Click to Apply Now!|
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|