Engineering ManagerCamso, Peosta, IA
This listing has expired
Camso, the Road Free company, is active in 27 countries around the world, with more than 8000 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. It has four R&D centres and 24 manufacturing plants, and operates an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that always on the move to achieve its dream. Want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us when the road ends.
Camso, the Road Free company is active in 26 countries around the world with more than 7,500 dedicated employees located primarily in Asia, Europe and North America. It has three R&D centers and 22 manufacturing plants and operates an international distribution network in over 100 countries.
When you choose to work with us, you join a team that's always on the move to achieve its dream. Want to reach your true career potential and break new ground? Join us where the road ends.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for upgrading processes, equipment, and researching and justifying new equipment. The Engineering Manager will also help develop and evaluate mechanical systems to enhance plant production systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of all things related to all engineering functions related to the plant.
- Evaluate, research, install all new production systems and equipment. Justify new equipment and do cost analysis.
- Provide research and time studies for machine optimization and utilization.
- Provide support in designing testing methods to assist all departments.
- Evaluate, develop, implement and/or improve on processes in manufacturing systems.
- Improve process safety, and reduce risks in process to the workforce.
- Improve process capability and efficiency while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- Monitor and assess performance of plans and/or processes to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Optimize flow through various work cells and operations to balance labor utilization and efficiency.
- Develop and perform feasibility / optimization studies for proposed process.
- Support the production start-up of new products.
- Design tooling for new platform.
- Consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Determine how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Analyze and improve material flow and plant layout to optimize production efficiency, safety, quality, and costs.
- Creating and maintaining the manufacturing bill of materials.
- Determine plant requirements and cost/profit benefits for potential expansions, machine conversions and support integration of equipment, etc.
- Design methods to ensure product quality/mistake proofing.
- Travel up to 10%, but mainly day trips to local suppliers.
- Support the EMS, QMS & H&S systems.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed by management.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
- Job shop environment.
- Must be able to work in hot conditions.
- Must be able to work at a fast pace.
- Must be able to lift up to 45 lbs.
- Must be willing to interact with manufacturing personnel in an industrial setting.
- Must be willing to arrange schedule to work on off-shifts as necessary to accommodate the operations.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering.
- 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient project engineering and project management skills.
- Experience with value stream management.
- Experience in ECR/ECN process, RCCA, CAR/PAR’s and Control Plans.
- Exposure to and knowledge of APQP and PFMEA is preferred.
- Proficient Pro-E/Creo, and AutoCAD.
- Must be self-motivated, hands on, resourceful, people oriented, flexible, professional, team player, positive attitude and have the ability to manage multiple priorities for a fast-paced and world class facility.
- Experience with customer and supplier relations.
- Must have experience/knowledge of personal computer and MS office software, (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio).
- Strong back ground in Lean Manufacturing.
- Back ground in agricultural equipment preferred.
- Travel: 5-10% maximum if needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- PE – Professional Engineer technical certification would be a plus.
We offer great health coverage, (Medical, Dental, Vision) 401(k), profit sharing, flexible spending, HSA, 11 paid holidays and much more.
Camso is an equal employment opportunity employer and an affirmative action federal contractor.
In compliance with the ADA Amendments act (ADAAA: American Disabilities Act as Amended), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position with Camso, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||5-10 Years|