The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engine Engineer - 45250
As an Engine Engineer at John Deere Construction and Forestry Division located in Dubuque, IA, you will coordinate and perform product design that is supported planned testing and analysis work for ADT engine programs. In addition, you will:
- Be the lead engine engineer within the ADT group and will be responsible for high level engine installation, engine performance, engine troubleshooting in the vehicle
- Coordinate and utilize resources to help support engine installation in the vehicle. Key engine decisions for the ADT product line will be determined by this engineer and will be driven through proper review of design guidelines, decision analysis, and proposals through design review environments
- Execute engine installations into all ADT platforms. 9.0L engines, 13.5L engines, and any future ADT applications. This position will make the key decisions on engine and engine trim design
- For PDP, this position will help define vehicle level product specs for new engine applications and then satisfy the product spec of a project by analyzing and determining design specifications for optimized implementation
- Drive down cost and improve quality based on solid knowledge of base engine design and how ADTs utilizes it in the application
- Lead ADT engineer to gather DEVX data from the engine and work with engine suppliers to resolve engine performance issues
- Lead ADT engineer to coordinate engine software needs between our engine suppliers and our software vehicle engineers
- Provide technical engine knowledge to other cross functional areas
- Work with engine PV&V to help develop analysis plans for engine and critical engine trim installation into the vehicle to ensure robustness of the system
- Apply knowledge from gained from other C&F vehicles and practices through communities of practice and peer collaboration to standardize common parts and products
- Lead technical expert that the module team works complex engine issues through
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- 2 or more years of experience in a design or test engineering role
- 2 or more years of experience with off-highway systems
- Experience relating to design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems
What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience with engines, engine auxiliaries, or aftertreatment systems and how it relates to our vehicle
- Experience with CREO, PDM Link workflow, cProjects workflow
- Experience with DevX (engine data acquisition tool) to troubleshooting and relay data
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|