The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Electrical Engineer - 53681
As an Electrical Engineer, Loader Module for John Deere Construction & Forestry, located at the Davenport Works in Davenport, IA you will primarily drive the Four Wheel Drive Loader distinctive product quality and cost reduction goals. Provide engineering support for the loader assembly lines and for our customer's vehicles in the field. In addition, you will:
- Continuously improve the electrical and electronic design of the Four Wheel Drive Loader to improve quality and reduce cost to enhance the value of the loader to John Deere and our customers
- Prepare, process and implement engineering design changes including managing the bill of materials, the models and the drawings
- Work closely with the appropriate customers, suppliers and John Deere cross functional teams, including: designers, other engineering groups, supply management, quality, marketing and product support
- Support vehicle assembly and component fabrication by troubleshooting a wide variety of electrical, electronic and software issues
- Provide engineering support to DTAC (Dealer Technical Assistance Center) to quickly resolve field cases which may require traveling to machine in the field
- Effectively communicate to functional teams and management, both in writing and verbally, the status of projects on a regular basis
- Work with the product development engineering team in order to smoothly implement new product programs which also requires participation in prototype, physical and limited production builds for these programs.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
- Electrical systems engineering experience obtained through educational projects, relevant internship or practical work experience
- Experience applying basic root cause analysis techniques
- Electrical troubleshooting capability
- Experience with 3D modeling software
- Ability to identify and implement creative and efficient solutions to technical problem
- Ability to apply engineering principles to electrical/electronic design
- Demonstrated leadership and problem solving skills while participating in a team environment
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (both verbal & written)
What Makes You Stand Out
- 1 or more years professional work experience in Product Engineering
- Practical knowledge of Electrical/Electronic design
- Experience with Construction or Off-Highway equipment, including Four Wheel Drive Loaders
- Experience with JD Hybrid vehicle platforms and power electronics
- Experience with high-speed serial communication bus
- Experience with John Deere business processes
- Experience working with customers and end users
- Experience working with the cross functional teams
- Experience with engineering analysis tools
- Experience with JDLink
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's Science degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|