The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the key facilities in Deere & Company's Construction and Forestry (C&F) Division. The Dubuque Works manufactures backhoe loaders, crawler dozers, and skid steer loaders for the construction industry and knuckleboom loaders and tracked feller bunchers for the forestry industry. The Dubuque Works also serves as the Center of Excellence for the C&F Division in the areas of Product Engineering, Product Verification and Validation, Supply Management, and Product Support which includes the Dealer Technical Assistance Center. From a manufacturing perspective, the core competencies of the factory include plate and sheet cutting, machining, welding, paint, and assembly.
The John Deere Dubuque Works is one of the most innovative and productive facilities of its kind. From an Engineering perspective, techniques such as virtual reality and rapid concepting are used to assist in the design process. Our manufacturing facilities use state of the art techniques and equipment to produce products including CNC machining centers and a Manufacturing Execution System (MES). We are proud of how fast we can get new technology into the hands of our customers, and of the quality we can attain through a very structured and effective Product Development Process. Our Product Support teams use the latest techniques and satellite communication systems to keep the machines we make on the job, dayin and dayout. Additionally, outside of the factory our products are supported by an efficient parts delivery system, and a network of John Deere dealers and company field representatives, strategically located throughout the world to support the products we produce
We are dedicated to keeping our customers ahead of their competitors by supplying the most efficient, dependable machines possible. Through teamwork, a commitment to continuous improvement, and a major investment in aggressive, ongoing research, the Dubuque Works has helped John Deere become a leader in the Construction and Forestry equipment industry.
For more information on Deere & Company go to internet site www.deere.com
There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world's brightest minds are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Illinois (US-IL) - Moline
Function: Information Technology
Title: Senior Software Engineer - 66574
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Product Data Management Team, for the John Deere Enterprise (Moline), you will get the opportunity to work on large-scale global applications in a Fortune 500 company that is regularly ranked among the best companies to work for in the country. Employees joining our development teams will immediately be immersed in a culture where we emphasize personal and professional growth. This position will be on the Product Lifecycle Management team. In this position, you will be responsible for collaborating with other software engineers and analysts to drive application development and design of the EPDM strategy. In addition, you will:
- Lead discussions with the product team, Engineering Manager, and extended EPDM product teams to identify innovative solutions to satisfy stakeholder requirements
- Work as an active member of an Agile delivery team
- Provide technical leadership on application development-related tasks, activities, and initiatives
- Drive a DevOps culture including supporting CI/CD, the development and maintenance of a robust and reliable build pipeline, and appropriate automated testing for product team functionality
- Assume ownership of all the product functionality from concept to production support including identification and resolution of tech debt
- Support PDM architecture initiatives including event driven architecture, data analytics, etc.
- Mentor junior software engineers including pairing and code reviews
- Assist with root cause analysis, debug, and resolution of complex functional issues and lead preventative recurrence initiatives
- Identify product related risks and address them before they become incidents
VISA Sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
Proven Technical Skills and Experiences
- 6 or more years of experience in the design, development, testing and integration of high complex software solutions in ABAP (SAP) and/or Java development (Windchill)
- 8 or more years of understanding of applications development environment, database, data management and infrastructure capabilities and constraints
- 2 or more years of proven experience in an Agile/Scrum team environment
- 2 or more years of deep experience leveraging DevSecOps and lean development principles, such as Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, Jenkins, Active Control, etc.)
- Knowledge of systems integration technologies (i.e. SAP PI/PO, EDI, etc.)
- 4 or more years of working understanding of full-stack design patterns and designing loosely coupled architectures
- 6 or more years of varied database experience (e.g. DB2, Mongo, Oracle, MySQL, HANA)
- Detailed understanding/experience with XP Principles (i.e. automation, Paired Programming, BDD, TDD, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coach and mentor junior developers and perform code reviews
Interpersonal, Leadership and Teaming Competencies
- Capable of collaborating with multiple business stakeholders to provide information technology solution
- Skilled in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution
- Proven experience as a work lead providing technical coaching and mentoring to others
- Proven strong leadership skill and experience, influence effectively, ability to resolve impediments in a timely manner
- Learning Agility / Innovative - appetite for continuous learning and willingness/dedication to develop deep technical skills needed to further develop, transform, and modernize SAP-based products, processes, and solutions
What Makes You Stand Out
- 4 or more years of experience in cloud development with platforms like AWS or Azure
- Experience with the implementation of loosely coupled architectures
- Detailed understanding of current SAP and / or Windchill technology stack
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience in a related career field
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud
Amazon Web Services
Application Programming Interface (API)
Bash (Scripting Language)
Groovy (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)
Python (Programming Language)
Ruby On Rails
Scala (Programming Language)
Site Reliability Engineering
|Years of Experience||--|