Maintenance TechnicianHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: Provide repair and maintenance of the agency properties and equipment. Primary duties cover the areas of appliance and equipment, heating and cooling, basic plumbing techniques, and furniture/office setups. The duties for this area include the repair and routine maintenance of the items, and preventive maintenance as well. Additional assistance will be provided from other maintenance staff within the department. This position is also responsible for performing other duties within the maintenance department, along with other maintenance department staff. Lawn care, snow plowing, office moving, and major construction projects are some examples of additional duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent and experience in maintenance preferred.
- Experience and/or the ability to perform trouble-shooting tasks on appliances and equipment.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
1. Check and change furnace filters monthly.
2. Clean furnace burners and interiors and check safety switches.
3. Lubricate furnace blower motors.
4. Check heating and cooling cycles as seasons change.
5. Clean and flush boilers and check safety switches.
6. Clean and oil central air conditioning units.
Appliance Responsibilities for all facilities:
7. Clean clothes dryer interiors and vents.
8. Clean refrigerator and freezer coils.
9. Clean, lube, and check window air conditioners.
10. Clean water heater burners and check safety switches.
11. Perform routine and preventative maintenance on appliances.
General Responsibilities for all facilities:
12. Change light bulbs.
13. Clear clogged sewer lines.
14. Maintain grounds by performing lawn care, snow removal, light tree trimming and landscaping work as needed.
15. Monitor vehicle maintenance. Schedule and make appointments with vendors as needed.
16. Perform minor vehicle repairs when possible.
17. Assist whenever able for all general repairs.
18. All other duties as assigned by Maintenance Manager.
This listing has expired
Building and Grounds
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|