Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our wood products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
Our facility in Dubuque, IA is a corrugated box facility. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. Our customers experience a team approach, integrating materials, package engineering and automation elements to meet production, distribution and sales expectations. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in an industrial environment? Are you searching for a position that will allow you to develop and grow within Georgia-Pacific? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Powered Industrial Truck Operators in Dubuque, IA. Industrial Truck Operators will play an integral part in maintaining the success of the plant by loading and unloading material and organizing products for production, distribution and shipping.
We are looking for Industrial Truck Operators to work 2nd shift (3pm – 11:20pm) and 3rd shift (11pm – 7:20am).
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Operating mobile equipment on a daily basis (obtain / maintain certification)
- Loading and unloading material with mobile equipment; record data with computerized equipment
- Removing finished goods from product take-off areas
- Organizing products for production, distribution and shipping
- Assisting all team members throughout the plant as needed
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least one (1) year experience safely driving and operating mobile equipment in an industrial, manufacturing or equivalent environment
- Willing and able to learn how to operate an industrial truck with fork, squeeze or clamp attachments
- Willing and able to become certified on mobile equipment during training
- Willing and able to lift / pull up to 35 lbs
- Willing and able to work in a loud, hot, humid, cold, noisy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to work daily overtime (up to 4 additional hours) and Saturday
No applications are accepted at the plant. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|