Georgia-Pacific (GP) is among the world's leading manufacturers of bath tissue, paper towels, napkins, tableware, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, nonwoven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our wood products business makes DensGlass® gypsum board often seen in commercial construction, DryPly® plywood and RESI-MIX® wood adhesives, among others. Our containerboard and packaging business offers high-end graphic packaging to bulk bins as well as Golden Isles fluff pulp. You may also recognize consumer brands like Angel Soft®, Brawny®, and Dixie® on retail shelves and enMotion® towels, Compact® bath tissue and SmartStock® cutlery dispensers when you are away from home. Our GP Harmon business is one of the world's largest recyclers of paper, metal and plastics. As a Koch Company, we create long-term value using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible, and economically sound. Headquartered in Atlanta, GA., we employ approximately 35,000 people. For more information, visit http://www.gp.com/.
Our facility in Dubuque, IA is a corrugated box facility. Georgia-Pacific is one of the nation’s leading corrugated box manufacturers. We manufacture standard corrugated containers, as well as many specialty packaging products. We specialize in produce, poultry and bulk containers, and with our expertise in direct print and lithographic multi-color boxes, we provide cost-effective corrugated packaging systems for virtually any product. Our customers experience a team approach, integrating materials, package engineering and automation elements to meet production, distribution and sales expectations. To learn more about our Packaging division, please visit: www.gppackaging.com
Are you interested in an exciting opportunity to work in an industrial environment? Are you searching for a position that will allow you to develop and grow within Georgia-Pacific? If so, this may be the opportunity for you!
Georgia-Pacific is looking for safety-oriented individuals to join our team as Machine Operators in Dubuque, IA. Machine Operators will play an integral part in maintaining the success of the plant by providing coverage and support for various machine centers throughout the plant. Machine Operators will find opportunities to move into positions with increased responsibility as openings occur.
We are looking for Machine Operators to work 2nd shift (3pm – 11:20pm) and 3rd shift (11pm – 7:20am).
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Learning to operate machines throughout the facility to include:
- Setting-up and/or assisting with slotting, feed, scoring, print, and die cutting sections as applicable
- Setting-up and/or assisting with unitizing station and bundler on machines
- Ensuring proper placement of load tags and bottom sheets
- Ensuring correct stacking patterns, that all units are stacked neatly, and quantities are correct
- Monitoring board quality, including loose liner, warp, dimensions, caliper, and any other defects
- Submitting maintenance work orders to report repairs
- Assisting all team members throughout the plant as needed to ensure customer focus
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
What You Will Need:
- High School Diploma or GED
- One (1) year of prior work experience
- Willing and able to read a tape measurer
- Willing and able to perform tasks such as lifting, walking, climbing, stooping, standing, pushing and/or pulling for at least eight (8) hours a day
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, including wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift / pull up to 35 lbs
- Willing and able to work in a loud, hot, humid, cold, noisy and high volume environment
- Willing and able to work daily overtime (up to 4 additional hours) and Saturday overtime
What Will Put You Ahead:
- One (1) or more years manufacturing or industrial experience
- Previous experience working in the corrugated industry
- Previous experience operating mobile equipment
We offer competitive pay and benefits. No applications are accepted at the plant. No phone calls, please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||--|