Chaplain Adult Residential-Temporary positionHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- Provides individual pastoral counseling to the residents.
- Communicates with other treatment staff on issues that are dealt with in counseling sessions and learn about other ongoing treatment efforts.
- Provides small or large group pastoral services to the residents.
- Develops and conducts regularly scheduled house or inter-house groups for the purpose of religious education, Bible study, value clarification, or other issues approved by the treatment team.
- Conducts weekly voluntary Vesper Services for all residents.
- Conducts or coordinates other group religious services to aid in the spiritual develop of the residents.
- Coordinates the sacramental education of the residents within the church of their faith in the Dubuque community and/or their community or residence when they leave Hillcrest.
Provides spiritual direction and education to staff.
- Provides consultation and in-service training for staff on issues related to the spiritual development of the residents, the spiritual or emotional well-being of the staff, or the role of the Chaplain.
- Must have experience in providing service, education, or guidance to adults.
- The Chaplain should be a minister, elder, or enrolled seminarian from a Christian denomination with preference given to the United Methodist or Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Ability to provide own transportation is required.
- National Career Readiness Certificate preferred.Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|