Program Manager-Awakenings ProgramHillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
Job Purpose: To direct and supervise staff in the Awakenings programin the implementation of the Collaborative and Proactive Solutions and Trauma Informed Care Model through a holistic approach with the students in our care.
- Master's degree in a social sciences or related program. Two years relevant experience. Previous supervisory experience of at least one year is helpful, but not required.
- Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse. Must be trained within four months of hire and every five years thereafter.
- Collaborative and Proactive Solutions, Trauma Informed Care, and Mandt training required.
- Current BCLS (CPR/1st Aid) certification within four months of hire date.
- Medication Manager training preferred.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Responsible for all facets of the Awakenings Academy Program, in coordination and consultation with the V.P. of the Academy, coordination among the admissions coordinator, nursing, direct care staff, school personnel, physicians, maintenance and other ancillary departments in order to insure the smooth operations of the program.
2. Provides direct supervision of the Health Educator staff, Night Attendants, and Activities coordinator within the Academy to ensure high quality of care is being delivered to the consumer.
3. Is willing and able to maintain a flexible schedule, with approval from the V.P. of the Academy, to directly observe, direct, and supervise activities, groups, schedule adherence, and other programming aspects such as being available after business hours, as needed.
4. Defines the philosophy, goals and objectives of the treatment program, in consultation with the V.P. of the Academy.
5. Plans, implements, monitors, and evaluates the program in response to identified community and national trends, client/parent, staff and other interested parties needs.
6. Develops, in consultation with the V.P. of the Academy, the programs policies and procedures including, intake, treatment program and planning, discharge planning and maintenance of the therapeutic environment.
7. In consultation with the V.P. of the Academy develops and supervises the curriculum that is being delivered in the program.
8. Ensures that the program meet the life safety codes guidelines, Joint Commission and EAGLE accreditation standards and regulations.
9. Initiates and operates a system for the management of equipment, facilities, supplies and manpower.
10. Assists with the development, planning and management of a comprehensive public relations program.
11. Assists with the development, implementation and evaluation of a marketing plan for the program.
12. In consultation with the Admissions Coordinator and the V.P. of the Academy, assists with the development, implementation, and on-going evaluation of the client profile within the Awakenings Academy.
13. Stays current with changes and developments in the field of holistic residential treatment through continuing education, conferences, professional societies and journals.
14. Represents the Academy by attending and participating in meetings, conferences and workshops with special interest groups that will assist the Academy in advancing its mission.
15. Other duties as assigned.
16. Assists and works with the V. P. of the Academy on developing the annual budget for the program including recommending line item totals.
17. Manages expenditures and revenues. Demonstrates accountability to the approved program budget in purchasing decisions, staffing decisions, and in approving expenditures with the proper account code.
18. Participates in the HFS performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities with Quality Improvement staff and the V. P. of the Academy.
19. Demonstrates commitment to quality and safety and communicates regularly on issues of quality and safety and disseminates information related to quality and safety to those who need it. Provides and ensures quality services to meet or exceed the program's standards of performance.
20. Ensures that all client EHR documentation is done timely and meets all regulatory requirements including but not limited to Joint Commission, EAGLE accreditation and insurance regulations.
21. Ensures all life safety code and incident reporting requirements are satisfactorily met including but not limited to, fire and evacuation drills, major and minor incident reporting, exposure and safety reporting, and work comp reporting.
22. Directs collection of relevant data, analyze date and make appropriate changes in accordance with program priorities for performance improvement and data collection.
23. Keeps abreast of developments within accreditation standards and informs appropriate staff and directs the adherence to all relevant accreditation standards.
24. Assists in the development of the job performance expectations for positions supervised, as well as, monitors and identifies opportunities to improve performance of those positions.
25. Interviews/hires applicants in conjunction with the Human Resources team.
26. Oversees, in consultation with the V.P. of the Academy, the implementation of orientation and in-service training of all Awakenings Academy staff.
27. Provides timely annual performance evaluations; receiving approval of the V.P. of the Academy before delivery to all direct reports.
28. Provides for ongoing professional staff development of all Awakenings Academy staff. Recommends conference and workshop attendance.
29. Develops recognition programs and encourages the recognition of staff for their accomplishments and provides recognition as appropriate.
30. Takes disciplinary action as appropriate with direct reports with the approval from the V. P. of the Academy. Recommends suspension/discharge to the V. P. of the Academy.
This listing has expired
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|