Mental Health Therapist-split position between Mental Health Solutions and Unity Point Clinics (Cascade and Peosta)($500 Sign-on Bonus!)Hillcrest Family Services, DUBUQUE, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- Master's degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Mental Health Counseling required.
- Full professional license preferred.(LISW or LMHC) Will consider LMSW or Temp LMHC.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
1. Responsible for an average of 65-70% personal productivity quota per month.
2. Displays excellent interviewing skills.
3. Displays excellent diagnostic skills.
4. Displays excellent writing skills.
5. Demonstrates good organizational skills.
6. Demonstrates the ability to be flexible under a variety of circumstances.
7. Demonstrates the ability to respond effectively to stressful situations.
8. Interviews patients/clients, family members and others to identify the precipitating event and degree of disruption that the person is suffering.
9. Assesses the impact of psychosocial stressors in order to minimize the negative, destructive outcome of a crisis experience.
10. Possesses excellent theoretical knowledge of psychopathology and treatment techniques of each type of therapy.
11. Is knowledgeable of facility and community resources. Collaborates with medical staff and community-based agencies regarding evaluation, recommendation and referral disposition. (Includes DHS, JCS, law enforcement and other Hillcrest departments).
12. Performs all aspects of patient/client care in an environment that optimizes patient/client safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
13. Correctly utilizes required outpatient forms and maintains accurate and orderly case records, including initial assessment, mental status exam, diagnosis, initial treatment plan and reviews, and discharge summaries (if applicable).
14. Demonstrates appropriate levels of software utilization to support documentation requirements, agency policy and procedures, and quality service delivery.
15. Documents individual casenotes within 24 hours of each session, by either dictation, Unison or handwritten notes as required for the medical record and third party payer sources.
16. Ability to complete initial assessment which includes complete treatment plans, diagnosis/MSE and psychosocial within three sessions.
17. Completes treatment plans which summarize assessments and links patient/clients to the appropriate level of care no later than after the first therapy session which contain goals that are specific, measurable, personalized, and achievable.
18. Acts as an advocate for the patient/client in the community.
19. Maintains a good working relationship within the department and with other departments.
20. Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Program Director, co-workers and medical staff.
21. Provides a safe environment for patients/clients and staff, including being aware of and documenting unusual incidents.
22. Treats patients/clients and their families with respect and dignity.
23. Is emotional and mentally stable to work with the program's clientele, model self-care skills and assist patient/client in meeting his/her goals.
24. Demonstrates knowledge of and appropriate use of informed consent, confidentiality and client's rights.
25. Responds to emergency calls from current or potential clients, demonstrating the ability to provide crisis intervention or support services.
26. Uses interventions that are appropriate to phase of treatment and stage of change.
27. Demonstrates the ability to be timely with regard to returned client phone calls
(within 24 hours or receipt). Documents phone calls and other pertinent information in informational notes.
28. Obtains legal authorization to release or obtain information pertinent to each individual case.
29. Serves as a mental health resource to the agency and the community.
30. Participates in staff meetings and case conferences.
31. Represents Hillcrest's interest in community groups at the discretion of the MHC Clinical Director and shares information as requested.
32. Increases skill level through continuing education and work with diverse clients.
33. Participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
34. Refers clients for medication services, psychological testing, therapy groups, and other Hillcrest or community services as clinically indicated.
35. Works cooperatively with support staff to resolve scheduling or billing issues.
36. Reviews client progress with other treatment providers as needed.
37. Complies with facility's policies and procedures and safety management.
38. Keeps current with advances in the therapy field through continuing education, seminars/conferences, professional societies and journals, etc.
39. Completes other duties as necessary and assigned by Program Director and/or Chief Executive Officer.
This listing has expired
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|