Stonehill Franciscan Services (SFS) is a faith-based, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) quality retirement and care community serving older adults in and around Dubuque, Iowa. The history of SFS can be traced all the way back to 1878 when the Franciscan Sisters were invited to open an orphanage in Dubuque that would serve both orphans and the elderly. In 1978, the new state-of-the-art 250-bed Stonehill Care Center was opened. In 1999, Assisi Village was constructed adding Independent Living to the campus, and in 2009, skilled-nursing and therapy began. In 2013, a major expansion was completed adding four households including a Memory Care Center as well as world-class Therapy and Wellness Centers. Current services provided by the continuing care retirement community (CCRC) include: a Wellness Center; Independent Living Villas and Apartments; Assisted Living Apartments; a Residential Care Facility; a Long-Term Care Facility; a Skilled Nursing Facility; an In-Patient and Out-Patient Rehabilitation Program with Physical, Occupational, Speech and Massage Therapy. SFS employs more than 450 people and serves 300 residents as well as 3,000 wellness members.
Stonehill has current openings in Long-term care, Skilled nursing and In and Out Patient care. Our culture is built on flexible hours offered to all team members so that work and life can be balanced. We offer short shifts, 8 hour shifts, 12 hour shifts, that include every third weekend, and every other holiday.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a positive, supportive, team-environment, Stonehill Franciscan Services is the right choice for you. Apply today!
Education and experience equivalent to:
- Completion of a professional course of study in nursing and attainment of an Iowa LPN license.
- At least 1 year of previously successful full time nursing experience in a hospital or long-term care setting is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in professional nursing practices, procedures and application of technical knowledge to care for elderly residents.
- Current knowledge of all applicable state and federal compliance requirements governing health care facilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Skills in the use of standard nursing charting procedures.
- Ability to work with multiple departments of the facility.
- Evidence of a caring and compassionate attitude toward the elderly.
- Capability of having the initiative as well as follow through in carrying out duties.
- Must also ascribe to the values in the Franciscan inspired Stonehill mission and vision statements.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Full and Part Time
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|