Tobacco Use Prevention LeadHillcrest Family Services, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- Course of study in a human service or related field and/or one year experience required. Previous supervisory experience of at least one year preferred.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire date.
- Must successfully complete child/dependent adult abuse and criminal background check, including DHS evaluation (if needed, including documentation of follow-through for any stated employment restrictions); reference check forms (minimum of two); and employment physical, TB test and drug screen prior to contact with clients and as required thereafter.
Demonstrates Competency in the Following Areas:
- Assists with submission of Quarterly and Year End Reports to IDPH through Iowagrants.gov.
- Assists with monthly report to Board of Health and IDPH.
- Assists with Grant Renewal annually.
- Works to ensure completion of Tobacco grant required goals and activities.
- Participates in monthly staff meeting to discuss program, student, and staff issues as well as planning for future programming.
- Submits time study to Community Health Education Manager.
- Recruits and registers youth ages 12 to 18 (male and female) to participate in ISTEP youth chapters.
- Implements curriculum (TATU, Freedom From Smoking) with fidelity including reporting.
- Performs community outreach to educate and create awareness promoting Quitline Iowa.
- Performs community outreach to educate and create awareness promoting tobacco free/nicotine free homes.
- Performs community outreach to educate and create awareness promoting tobacco free/nicotine free schools.
- Performs community outreach to educate and create awareness promoting tobacco free/nicotine free workplaces.
- Submits receipts and bills for program expenses to Community Health Education Manager.
- Meets with all chapter advisors and assist youth groups with street marketing activities.
- Assists with Hillcrest Tobacco Use Prevention Facebook page, updates, promotion, etc.
- Attends quarterly meetings of Dubuque Area Substance Abuse Coalition, Tobacco Free Committee, and Dubuque County Wellness Coalition as needed.
- Participates in Community Outreach activities such as speaking engagements, community health fairs, coalition membership, etc. as assigned.
- Participates in continuing education and training opportunities.
- Identifies, cultivates and researches new opportunities for agency offerings with the existing and potential markets in conjunction with the Program Manager.
- Maintains presentation materials (lungs, props, models, charts, software). Assist supervisor with updates replacements as necessary.
- Assists with prevention programs within the agency such as Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, HIV, Clinic, etc.
- Assists with planning activities for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention program specifically around drugs, high risk behavior, tobacco, etc. Assume other duties as assigned.
- Provides transportation for the participants, using agency vehicles, for events in a safe manner.
- Accepts responsibility for the physical care, cleanliness and upkeep of the facility.
- Track van mileage log and maintenance and submit to Program Manager.
- Reports all damage and maintenance needs in the facility and vehicles to the Program Supervisor.
- Operates agency or personal vehicles in a safe manner consistent with agency policies and procedures.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|