FarmTek offers commercial greenhouses and accessories, garden supplies, tension fabric buildings, portable garages, barn curtain, livestock and poultry housing, heating and cooling products, electrical and plumbing supplies, building materials, agricultural supplies, and more to help you manage your farm, nursery, business or home. Serving the agriculture industry since 1979.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide consultation services to customers, clients and the general public on aquaponics, hydroponics and our custom greenhouses.
- Advise customers on design of their greenhouse and systems.
- Shall act as a resource person, help with CEA classes, tours, present lectures and provide work direction to others as needed.
- Maintain and care for all plants and fodder in the greenhouses plus any plants or shrubs around campus as well.
- Assist as needed with greenhouse tasks such as shoveling, raking, planting, watering, fertilizing, cleaning and disinfecting.
- Perform weed and pest control measures with use of herbicides or pesticides as needed.
- Present lectures at CEA classes, including slide shows, demonstrations to customers, clients and general public or at various community meetings.
- Collect, compile and analyze results and write evaluation of findings.
- Travel within the United States to consult with clients or customers.
- Participate in community events that help foster our program.
- Any other duties as required by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience with hydroponics/aquaponics, including drip, ebb and flow, and NFT systems, as well as lighting configurations preferred but not required.
- Some knowledge and passion for hydroponics and aquaponic plant production.
- Knowledge of modern research methods, data collections and analysis.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including some weekends.
- Experience raising fish (mainly tilapia) in recirculating systems preferred by not required.
- Qualified applicants will also possess excellent communication skills, be self motivated and be a team player
- Some travel required within the United States.
- Skilled in both written and verbal communication.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and must be able to work both inside and outside: will be exposed to all different weather conditions.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license for travel purposes.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Horticulture, Plant Science or related field or equivalent combination of comparable education, experience or training.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. ,
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply by Phone:||563-875-2288|
|Apply in Person:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
|Apply by Mail:||1440 Field Of Dreams Way|
Dyersville, IA 52040
|Apply by Fax:||563-875-2317|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|