Manager of Product Development & EngineeringFlexsteel Industries Inc, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. is a seating specialist with more than 116 years of experience creating fine upholstered furniture for residential, commercial and vehicle installations.
With corporate headquarters in Dubuque, Iowa, Flexsteel encompasses a nation-wide network of manufacturing facilities with operations in Dublin, Georgia; Harrison, Arkansas; Louisville, Kentucky; Riverside, California; and Starkville, Mississippi. More than 1750 associates are employed at Flexsteel facilities, with 350 associates employed in Dubuque.
Flexsteel is named for the unique flexible blue steel seat spring which offers durability and comfort, backed by one of the furniture industry's few lifetime limited warranties.
For more information, visit http://www.Flexsteel.com.
Title of Position: Manager of Product Development & Engineering
Supervisor: Director of Product Development & Engineering
Location: Dubuque Operations, Dubuque, IA
Responsible for the development of all new styles, both materials & techniques, from the designers sketch to approval of prototype model.
Directs new product development to satisfy corporation sales needs and be congruent with production facilities and profit objectives.
Directs the research leading to new or improved products and methods.
Actively consults with Industrial Engineering and Production Engineering to achieve cost reduction and frame standardization.
Performs supervisory responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manages and performs research & development functions for the Home Furnishings division.
- Collects new product introduction information & establishes a development program for same.
- Issues new product development programs to management and keeps them informed of progress of same.
- Evaluates techniques and materials in product development.
- Analyzes competitors’ products and methods.
Responsible for maintaining the Development Department for introduction of new styles as follows:
- Coordinates costing, development and sample making of new style introduction.
- Meets (Pert) Chart timeline on new style introduction for development areas.
- Establishes preliminary upholstery specifications for new styles by using computerized PDM with pattern input.
- Assists designer as needed in establishing new styles.
- Evaluates new style prototypes with the designer and staff to come up with optimal cost/benefit relationship.
- Researches materials and/or methods and techniques to improve and update the products.
- Works with present suppliers for proper application of product.
- Provides guidance for maintaining Development Department work force and authorizes overtime.
- Evaluates personnel compensation values in Development Department.
- Reviews construction elements to meet quality standards.
- Oversees Frame Engineering, Specification Writing, and Prototype Development groups within the Home Furnishings Development & Engineering department.
- As a supervisor, it is your responsibility to enforce company policies for all employees under your direct supervision.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE DESIRED:
- 4 year degree in Engineering, Quality or related field
- 10 years’ leadership (direct or indirect supervisory) in a fast paced development or manufacturing environment is preferred
- 10 years’ Furniture industry experience or equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated ability to handle and lead multiple projects simultaneously
Flexsteel Industries, Inc. offers a competitive salary, along with an excellent full-time benefits package (ask us how good it is!) 10 paid holidays, 10 vacation days starting, a friendly, supportive work environment, Flexsteel furniture discounts, and professional growth opportunities.
Please apply online at http://www.flexsteel.com/about-us/careers
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||10+ Years|