Assistant Cafe ManagerNational Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium,
This listing has expired
The Dubuque County Historical Society operates the National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, National Rivers Hall of Fame, the Mathias Ham House Historical Site, and the Dubuque Guide Service. The Museum & Aquarium serves over 200,000 people a year, including several thousand more each year at its historic sites and tours, telling the story of the Mississippi River and the History of the Dubuque and Tri-state area.
Greater than 90 full and part time employees and over 500 volunteers.
Position Title: Assistant Café Manager
Reports To: Senior Manager of Admissions and Guest Services
The Dubuque County Historical Society (DCHS) and National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium (NMRMA) is seeking candidates for the Assistant Café Manager positions. An ideal candidate is someone with exceptional service skills, thinks on their feet, and positively portray the organization. This position requires working a flexible schedule of 29 hours per week with weekends, and occasional nights and holiday hours.
This position is part of a team of associates who work together to provide the best possible experience for every individual visiting the River’s Edge Café. Our goal is to enhance the visitors experience by providing a quality product at an affordable price in a timely fashion.
- Overseeing Point of Sale Transactions
- Tracking food inventory
- Ensuring orders are accurate and timely
- Maintaining proper food inventory through ordering with vendors
- Execute day to day operations of the Café
- Schedule staff
- Maintain a high quality menu
- Training of staff on proper procedures
- Assisting in coordinating special events
- Supervise Café Associates
A desired candidate will possess the following:
- Previous food and beverage experience
- Proven supervisory ability
- Cash handling experience
- Previous customer service and guest interaction
- Proficient use of computers and computer systems, or the ability to quickly learn
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of attention to detail
- Perform essential duties which may require long periods of standing and walking as well as frequent reaching, kneeling, pushing, pulling, carrying, lifting, and moving objects 50 lbs. or more
- Exceptional organization skills
- Quick decision making under pressure
- Ability to prioritize, focus and manage time effectively
- Compliant with the mission of the DCHS and the NMRMA
To apply send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org