Stonehill Franciscan Services (SFS) is a faith-based, not-for-profit 501(c)(3) quality retirement and care community serving older adults in and around Dubuque, Iowa. The history of SFS can be traced all the way back to 1878 when the Franciscan Sisters were invited to open an orphanage in Dubuque that would serve both orphans and the elderly. In 1978, the new state-of-the-art 250-bed Stonehill Care Center was opened. In 1999, Assisi Village was constructed adding Independent Living to the campus, and in 2009, skilled-nursing and therapy began. In 2013, a major expansion was completed adding four households including a Memory Care Center as well as world-class Therapy and Wellness Centers. Current services provided by the continuing care retirement community (CCRC) include: a Wellness Center; Independent Living Villas and Apartments; Assisted Living Apartments; a Residential Care Facility; a Long-Term Care Facility; a Skilled Nursing Facility; an In-Patient and Out-Patient Rehabilitation Program with Physical, Occupational, Speech and Massage Therapy. SFS employs more than 450 people and serves 300 residents as well as 3,000 wellness members.
The House Supervisor provides overall supervision for the nursing and resident care activities on second shift. In addition, this position is responsible for maintaining adequate staffing requirements and directs, encourages, and guides employees to assure that their duties and responsibilities are fully carried out. This position will also have the independence to exercise judgment for various administrative decisions and carry out a variety of related administrative responsibilities in accordance with Stonehill Franciscan Services policies and established standards.
- RN licensure required, Bachelors of Science in Nursing is preferred
- At least 3-5 years of previous nursing experience in a hospital or long-term care setting preferred
- Previous supervisory experience desired
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional nursing practices, procedures, use of standard nursing charting and application of technical knowledge of geriatrics.
- Current knowledge or willingness to become knowledgeable with state and federal compliance requirements governing health care facilities.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||2-5 Years|