Are you seeking an opportunity to learn and gain your plumbing licensure? A job where you are a valued employee? A job where you would work for an established, family owned company that cares about each and every one of its employees? Molo Plumbing and Heating may be the place for you! We are looking to add to our plumbing department as our business is growing! If you have at least 2 years of experience in the plumbing field as a plumber’s helper, we want to talk to you!
Okay, so what do you get in return? All tools, trucks, cell phones, etc. are company provided. After six months as a helper, we pay for your education and all the while you learn from one of our two Master Plumbers. We also give you vacation and sick leave, a generous 401(k) benefit plan with company match, holidays, medical, dental, vision and life insurance. The best part? You have minimal on-call work and you are home each night with your family. Come see why we are the best kept secret in plumbing and heating in Dubuque!
Finally, here are the job details:
Assemble, install, or repair pipes, fittings, or fixtures of heating, water, or drainage systems, according to specifications or plumbing codes.
- Install pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances such as dishwashers or water heaters, or fixtures such as sinks or toilets, using hand or power tools.
- Maintain or repair plumbing by replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, or opening clogged drains.
- Cut openings in structures to accommodate pipes or pipe fittings, using hand or power tools.
- Assemble pipe sections, tubing, or fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing, or welding equipment.
- Measure, cut, thread, or bend pipe to required angle, using hand or power tools or machines such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, or pipe-bending machines.
- Review blueprints, building codes, or specifications to determine work details or procedures.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Repairing - Repairing machines or systems using the needed tools.
- Arm-Hand Steadiness - The ability to keep your hand and arm steady while moving your arm or while holding your arm and hand in one position.
- Near Vision - The ability to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
- Visualization - The ability to imagine how something will look after it is moved around or when its parts are moved or rearranged.
- Finger Dexterity - The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
- Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required
- Valid Driver's License
- A minimum of 2-3 years in the plumbing industry
- Physical strength to lift and carry up to 50lbs, occasionally 100(+)
- Physical and mental awareness to safely operate a motor vehicle
- Physical mobility to occasionally climb 24-26ft. ladder to grasp and retrieve items
- Physical mobility to climb on a roof, crouch under equipment, and crawl under
Skilled Labor Trades
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|