Founded in 1896, Hillcrest Family Services is a not-for-profit health services and education provider serving over 20,000 individuals each year. With primary programming and administrative offices in Dubuque, Hillcrest also operates programs in Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Clinton, Washington, Ottumwa, Monticello, Maquoketa and Thomson, IL. The agency operates with an annual budget in excess of 20 million, has 500 employees, and is accredited by the Joint Commission and Coalition for Residential Education (CORE).
- High school diploma required. Related certifications orGraduate of Information Technology program or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an information services customer service'help desk analyst role.
- Knowledge of the following systems a plus
- Cerner EHR
- Dragon Naturally Speaking
- Spice Works
- Must be familiar with operating systems, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Must have solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Able to independently create and maintain charts, graphs, spreadsheets and databases. Develops and manipulates data within Excel worksheet.
- Driver's license required with ability to travel to various agency sites. Agency driver preferred.
- Flexibility in schedule to occasionally be available for various shifts to train program staff as needed.
- Must be able to participate in rotation in on call system as needed.
- Must complete Mandatory Reporter for Child/Dependent Adult Abuse training within four months of hire.
1. Provides first level technical support through dedicated phone number, email address and ticketing system for end users of EHR.
2. Triages issues and log complete and relevant information in order to open, work, and close a support request.
3. Escalates requests as appropriate providing a clear and complete description of the issue. Monitor assigned tasks for date of completion and satisfactory resolution. Reassign tasks when indicated.
4. Takes immediate action to respond to incidents/requests and provide "on-the-spot" assistance to clinical end-users when the EHR system has functionality problems during clinic time to minimize impact on patient care.
5. Follows up with end user to ensure issue resolved to satisfaction and not reoccurring.
6. Reviews requests for purpose of identifying patterns and trends. Develop standard response protocols.
7. Shares lessons learned from support requests to other relevant users impacted.
8. Contributes to development of support desk procedures and protocols.
9. Creates and maintains EHR help sheets and frequently asked questions list.
10. Keeps abreast of promotion release notes and understand and communicate implications.
11. Conducts new user, new functionality and refresher training of the EHR system.
12. Actively participates in meetings for purpose of identifying challenges and offering solutions.
13. Provides technical support to clinical end-users, individually and as a group to properly and efficiently incorporate elements of Meaningful Use (MU), (etc.) and other clinical quality measures into their clinical documentation.
14. Serves as a liaison between the clinician and finance staff for purpose of identifying staff data entry or documentation errors. Voids notes/documentation as appropriate and within guidelines.
15. Assists staff in locating reports.
16. Under the direction of the EHR Manager, assists with adding new pay sources and updating billing modalities with rate changes as needed.
17. Manages duplicate patient accounts in EHR.
18. Prepares routine and specialized committee reports.
19. Is able to independently create and maintain charts, graphs, and spreadsheets. Develops and manipulates data within Excel worksheet.
20. Prepares United Way, beneficiary, and other mission-advancement requested reports as needed.
21. Prepares program dashboard reports (ex. High risk/high volume, Med errors, critical incidents, satisfaction surveys, admissions, discharges, etc.).
22. Effectively interacts with outside contractors for purpose of coordinating support efforts.
23. Performs other duties as assigned.
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|