Part-Time Night InstructorArea Residential Care, Manchester, IA Dyersville, IA Dubuque, IA
Area Residential Care is a private, non-profit corporation founded in 1968 and headquartered in Dubuque, IA. Area Residential Care serves people with intellectual disabilities and other developmental disabilities. Several residential options are offered to meet individual needs as well as vocational programs that create opportunities for people with disabilities to participate in the workforce. Services are primarily provided to residents of Dubuque, Jackson, Delaware, Clayton, and Jones counties in Iowa. Area Residential Care serves 300 individuals and employs nearly 300 staff members.
MISSION STATEMENT It is the mission of Area Residential Care to empower people with intellectual disabilities to achieve their highest quality of life.
VALUE STATEMENTS Area Residential Care is committed to values that support its mission statement
Mission Statement: IT IS THE MISSION OF AREA RESIDENTIAL CARE TO EMPOWER PEOPLE WITH INTELLECTUAL DISABILITIES TO ACHIEVE THEIR HIGHEST QUALITY OF LIFE.
- High school diploma/G.E.D.
- Six months of consistent general work experience
- 12th grade level of reading, math, and writing skills
- Comprehend basic medical and life-skill programs
- Writing ability to clearly document contact notes and incident reports
- Mathematically able to budget and balance a checkbook
- Ability to lift 20lbs and occasional lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to physically prompt, escort, and physically restrain individuals served
- Requires a valid driver’s license and a driving record that meets agency authorized driver criteria
- Requires certification for passing medications upon completion of agency sponsored training
- Must develop and maintain positive, appropriate, cooperative relationships with individuals served, agency staff, business professionals, and individuals’ parents/guardians
- Oversees the home operations during sleep hours and assists, trains, and instructs individuals served during the morning routine.
- Ensures the needs of individuals served are met during the night, including toileting, changing wet or soiled clothes or bed linens, running behavior programs, supervising individuals who may be awake, and attending to the needs of individuals who are sick.
- Implements self-care programs and procedures necessary to prepare people for the day, including dressing, mealtime, and hygiene programs ensuring the individuals are well groomed and appropriately dressed for the work site.
- Provides documentation (logs, program data, incident reports, contact notes, sleep data, etc.) on the activities of people living in the home.
- Completes overall cleaning and general care of the home, including care of floors, bathrooms, appliances according to cleaning lists.
- Passes medication to individuals served following all policies and procedures after completing agency sponsored training.
- Remains alert throughout hours that are normal sleep times so that responsibilities are completed and the individuals’ safety is never compromised.
- Completes emergency drills and environmental safety inspections according to agency timelines.
- Manages the stress associated with training and caring for people who may occasionally exhibit non-compliant and/or aggressive behaviors.
- Remains in control and follows through in emergency situations without the presence of supervision.
- Remains productive with minimal supervision.
- Attends departmental and agency meetings and training as requested by his/her supervisor.
Hours/Days of Work and Working Conditions:
Third shift. The Night Instructor works generally from 11:00 P.M. to 7:00 A.M., 11:00 P.M. to 9:00 A.M., or 10:30 P.M. to 8:30 A.M. in Residential Services; Work is generally in a climate-controlled home setting
Area Residential Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||3355 Kennedy Circle|
|Apply by Email:||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Child Care/Day Care/Personal Care
Human and Social Services
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|