Direct Care w. Certified Med AideImagine the Possibilites, Inc., Andrew, IA
This listing has expired
Who we are.... DAC, Inc.,based in Maquoketa,Ia., has served people with disabilities in Jackson and surrounding counties for over 25 years. DAC, Inc. offers individuals with disabilities and their families an array of services from supported living to vocationally-based supported employment. Our Mission.... Every individual has value and dignity. DAC, Inc. exists to enhance the dignity, self-esteem and worth of each individual and his/her right to self-determination as a member of the community. DAC is committed to serving people with disabilities to assure quality of opportunity, full participation independent living and economic self-sufficiency. Want to make a positive difference in the lives of people with disabilities? Check out our employment opportunities!
Essential Job Functions:
- Report issues of concern to the Medication Aide Supervisor and/or RN. Offer ideas and suggestions for resolution of concerns. Use appropriate methods and channels of communication.
- Work scheduled shifts:
- Find a replacement if unable to work a scheduled shift.
- Follow the call-in procedure.
- Work weekends and holidays as scheduled.
- Direct Care responsibilities:
- Provide input for the development of individual goals and objectives.
- Follow individual program plans and implement programs as written.
- Provide for the safety of the individuals served with the least amount of intrusion as possible.
- Use behavior strategies to support individuals with challenging behaviors. Implement behavior programs and follow as written.
- Complete duties and tasks as assigned per shift.
- Respect the property of individuals served (e.g., care of clothing, wheelchairs, personal items).
- Be an active advocate for individuals receiving services to have greater control over their lives. Encourage individual choice and decision-making.
- Apply rights restrictions only as determined necessary by the IDT and included in the individual plan of the person served.
- Documentation responsibilities:
- Complete required data collection accurately and promptly.
- Complete incident reports accurately and promptly.
- Other job duties as assigned (including: personal cares, bathing, personal hygiene, checking vital signs, and maintain a safe environment).
Certified Med Aide Duties:
- Accurately administer medications as ordered. Complete treatments and dressings as ordered.
- Use judgment in monitoring and evaluating individuals for PRN medication use. Complete follow up documentation of all PRN medications within 60 minutes. This includes being aware of normal range of temperature, pulse, respirations and blood pressure.
- Complete required charting and data collection (e.g., MAR, CMA communication book, PRN sheet).
- Monitor individuals for side effects of medications, including behaviors, vital signs, etc.
- Complete an assessment prior to reporting concerns. The assessment will include vitals and any other pertinent information to share with the supervisor, nurse and/or physician.
- Notify on-call supervisor of illness or injury and to gain direction/clarification of whom to contact. Notify physician of illness or injury as needed.
- Use current knowledge gained in Med Aide training without exaggeration or personal opinion; documentation should reflect only facts.
- Complete weekly medication change over.
- Assemble appointment packets as needed.
This listing has expired
Human and Social Services
|Years of Experience||--|