Infrastructure Specialist L3IBM, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
With over 300,000 employees in more than 170 countries, IBM makes some of the world's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, networking systems, storage devices and microelectronics. Equally impressive is our worldwide network of IBM solutions and services professionals who translate these advanced technologies into business value for IBM customers.
Our goal is not merely to capture our share of the significant e-business, but also to have a lasting effect on the world. IBM is at the center of the new Cognitive Era. It's fueling our growth and inspiring our people in ways not seen in our generation. It is no wonder IBM is the leader in e-business worldwide and is recognized as one of the world's most highly respected companies.
IBM’s global reach, industry experience and services capability differentiates it from its competitors. Leveraging its vaunted research arm and software assets, IBM has driven significant improvement in its services margins over the past five years by rapidly automating labor-based processes and creating repeatable software-like assets.
IBM is a global company. We work across time zones with colleagues in various geographies. IBMers have a world of opportunity. At some point, most employees find themselves in a role they never would have imagined for themselves because there are so many unique positions available.
Build the Career You Want in Dubuque, Iowa!
IBM has your long-term professional life in mind. What's your passion? Learn new skills, work across different disciplines or move into new challenges? It's possible with our award-winning, customized professional development and leadership training. On average, every IBM employee takes advantage of more than 60 hours of training a year. IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. We believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives.
We encourage you to apply. Join us. Discover what you can do at IBM.
Infrastructure Specialists will work as part of the operations support and maintenance team for one or more of the following: Windows, UNIX, VMware, SAN, AS/400, VM, Middleware, z/OS. As an Infrastructure Specialist you will work with network, application, and middleware teams to support production system impacts, installations, customizations and deployments as needed. The Infrastructure Specialists will perform system security administration functions, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance and installing system wide software.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
At least 5 years experience in at least one or more of the following operating systems: Windows, UNIX, VMware, SAN, AS/400, VM, Middleware, z/OS
• At least 1 year experience working with application and DBA products such as WebSphere and/or Tivoli
• At least 3 years of data center operation management experience
• At least 3 years of Network infrastructure experience
• At least 1 year experience in Automation and standardization
• At least 1 year experience in Disaster Recovery methodology and provide support to the system/application restoration activities
• At least 1 year experience with Active Directory and/or LDAP
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies
• English: Fluent
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
Associate's Degree/College Diploma in Information Technology
• At least 7 years experience in at least one or more of the following operating systems. i.e. UNIX, VMware, Windows, AS/400, VM, and z/OS
• At least 3 years experience working with application and DBA products such as WebSphere and/or Tivoli
• At least 3 years experience in Automation and standardization
• At least 3 years experience in Disaster Recovery methodology and provide support to the system/application restoration activities
**To apply click on the External URL and search for Req# 78252BR**