With over 300,000 employees in more than 170 countries, IBM makes some of the world's most advanced information technologies, including computer systems, software, networking systems, storage devices and microelectronics. Equally impressive is our worldwide network of IBM solutions and services professionals who translate these advanced technologies into business value for IBM customers.
Our goal is not merely to capture our share of the significant e-business, but also to have a lasting effect on the world. IBM is at the center of the new Cognitive Era. It's fueling our growth and inspiring our people in ways not seen in our generation. It is no wonder IBM is the leader in e-business worldwide and is recognized as one of the world's most highly respected companies.
IBM’s global reach, industry experience and services capability differentiates it from its competitors. Leveraging its vaunted research arm and software assets, IBM has driven significant improvement in its services margins over the past five years by rapidly automating labor-based processes and creating repeatable software-like assets.
IBM is a global company. We work across time zones with colleagues in various geographies. IBMers have a world of opportunity. At some point, most employees find themselves in a role they never would have imagined for themselves because there are so many unique positions available.
Build the Career You Want in Dubuque, Iowa!
IBM has your long-term professional life in mind. What's your passion? Learn new skills, work across different disciplines or move into new challenges? It's possible with our award-winning, customized professional development and leadership training. On average, every IBM employee takes advantage of more than 60 hours of training a year. IBM offers competitive benefits, as well as an industry-leading practice of performance-based bonuses for all employees. We believe that global innovation demands diverse employees and attractive work/life initiatives.
We encourage you to apply. Join us. Discover what you can do at IBM.
The Availability Manager performs the day-to-day overall management of the process. This role ensures that all process activities are being performed and that they are staffed adequately. The Availability Manager plans, improves, monitors and reports the availability of IT services and IT infrastructure components in order to meet availability service level commitments.
Who you are:
• You will be the primary contact between Customer and delivery support organization.
• You will be responsible for leading and directing the delivery team.
• You will pro-actively monitor the problem, change process of the account, and manage problem and change issues and alerts as needed.
• You will help to ensure quality of service maintained and manage cost of delivery by looking at better ways to provide service in a cost-efficient manner.
• You will be accountable for leading technical teams to mentor, motivate and help them to maintain high performance
What you’ll do:
• Be single point of contact for delivery and be the advocate between Service Delivery and the Customer
• Provide leadership and direction to Delivery teams
• Handle Operational Issues related to delivery center
• Provide technical support and participate in the Change Control Board and/or change control process
• Drive/participate and coordinate crisis management
• Participate in account plan/strategy
• As directed by the PE drive/manage subcontractors/ third party providers.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- 1-2 years: Team Building, Change control , Crisis Management
- Fluent in English
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Change control , Crisis Management
- Fluent in English
** To apply click on the External URL and search for Req# 78308BR**
|Apply for this Job!|
|Alternate Web Site:||Click to visit|
|Years of Experience||1-2 Years|