Spray Technicians/Golf MaintenanceEagle Ridge Resort & Spa, Galena, IL
This listing has expired
Located on 6,800 acres amid the rolling hills of northwestern Illinois, Eagle Ridge Resort & Spa is a full-spectrum resort complex, located just a few miles east of historic Galena. Recently honored by Travel + Leisure Golf as the Midwest’s "Best Golf Resort" and by Corporate & Incentive Travel magazine with the "Greens of Distinction" award, the property provides a superior golf experience, with 63 holes on four award winning courses.
Other amenities include the tranquil Stonedrift Spa, which provides a complete sensory experience, and a state-of-the-art fitness center with a beautiful indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and steam room. The property is also home to three distinctive restaurants, including Woodlands Restaurant, Woodstone Restaurant, and Paisanos. Recommended by outlets, including Conde Nast Traveler, Midwest Living, Better Homes & Gardens, and Wine Enthusiast, the property also provides the perfect setting to an incredible selection of outdoor activities, including miles of biking, hiking and horseback trails, as well as tennis, hot air balloon rides, boating and fishing, on the picturesque 220-acre Lake Galena.
PURPOSE AND PERFORMANCE GOALS
Provides for the care and maintenance of the golf course by the application of dry and liquid pesticides and fertilizers to, but not limited to, all fine-manicured turf areas, ornamental trees, shrubs, bedding plants, and flowers in compliance with corporate standards, local, state and national codes and regulations to protect the asset, guests and Associates, to ensure optimum operations, minimize expenses, and maximize guest satisfaction. Under supervision, works on the diverse range of activities involved in golf course maintenance and pesticide application, and performs related tasks as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Operates riding and handheld chemical application equipment such as dedicated sprayers, back pack sprayers, fertilizer spreaders, and handheld spray bottles safely as detailed in operator’s manual and on-site training.
- Involved with proper mixing and loading of chemicals into proper vehicles at the designated sites and desired rates recommended by both the supervisor and chemical label.
- Responsible for reading, understanding, and keeping current the MSDS sheets and product labels and preparing application logs daily.
- Maintains chemical storage and mixing areas in compliance with governmental regulations.
- Incorporate safe work practices in job performance, which includes the recommended use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) as directed by the supervisor and product label.
- Recognize the environmental sensitivity of application of pesticides and perform as directed by the product label.
- Maintains flexibility to take on new and different tasks as directed by the department manager or immediate supervisor.
- As need arises or as instructed, must be willing to work with other departments or individuals.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Illinois Pesticide Operator’s License required, Illinois Pesticide Applicator’s License preferred
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED, Some industry knowledge or completion of competent and related college courses preferred
Practice written safety standards and rules at all times.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associate must be able to lift/push/pull 50 pounds. Job frequently requires walking, sitting, kneeling, crouching, and standing. Frequently requires reaching, grabbing, pulling, and grasping. Sometimes requires working in damp, wet or inclement conditions.
This listing has expired
|Years of Experience||--|