Diesel Mechanic $10-$30/hrEXPRESS Employment Professionals, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
On a Mission to Put
a Million People to Work
Express Employment Professionals is one of the top staffing companies in the U.S. and Canada. Every day, we help people find jobs and provide workforce solutions to businesses. Express has more than 750 franchise locations that provide a full range of employment solutions that include full-time, temporary, and part-time employment in a wide range of positions, including professional, commercial, and administrative. Each Express office is locally owned and operated and backed by the expertise and support of an international headquarters. Simply put, Express is large enough to meet your needs and small enough to care.
If you're a job seeker, Express will assess your skills and work with you to find a job that fits your needs and abilities. Applicants never pay a fee at Express, and you'll have the opportunity to earn benefits such as medical insurance, holiday pay, vacation pay, referral bonuses and much more. Learn more.
For employers, Express Employment Professionals provides staffing and HR solutions to help meet your needs and production goals.
LIKE US! Facebook.com/ExpressDbq
A local company is currently looking for a Diesel Mechanic.
This position is on 1st shift, typical hours are 8AM-5PM. This person will be working on various diesel vehicles. Must have knowledge on diesel engines, brakes, lights, etc. Once hired on this company offers health insurance, dental benefits, and paid vacation. Candidate must provide own tools. This position pays $10-$30 per hour based on experience.
Diesel Technician Mechanic Job Duties:
- Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests; identifying worn and damaged parts.
- Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules; installing component and part upgrades; controlling corrosion; completing winterization procedures.
- Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics; completes machine shop operations; making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
- Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
- Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
- Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Contains costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical and regulation publications.
- Enhances maintenance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
If you are interested in this position, email your resume to McKenzie.Kline@expresspros.com.
As always, there is never a fee to the job seeker!
This listing has expired
Temp To Hire
|Years of Experience||--|