Supervisor Clinic-Quality, Performance Improvement & EducationUnityPoint Health Finley Hospital, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
A CAREER AT UNITYPOINT HEALTH - FINLEY HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health team members come for a job, but stay for a career. As a team member, regardless of your position, you'll get the chance to change lives on a daily basis in order to deliver our vision of the Best Outcome for Every Patient, Every Time. That privilege drives employees' passion for making a difference in the lives of our patients, helping them create healthier, more rewarding lives.
At UnityPoint Health - Finley Hospital, we know our collective actions determine the experience we create. Our team members strive to work as one through four key values:
* Foster Unity
* Own the Moment
* Champion Excellence
* Seize Opportunity
If you are interested in joining our team, please visit http://www.unitypoint.org/dubuque/employment-opportunities to learn about our many opportunities and to fill out an online application.
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL
UnityPoint Health Finley Hospital is a 126-bed community hospital. We employ more than 800 full-and-part-time employees. Finley Hospital is a not-for-profit, locally owned, regional healthcare facility part of the UnityPoint Health system. Finley Hospital is committed to bringing the best medical care to the tri-state area. We offer comprehensive, full service health care that is coordinated around our patients. We have consistently been recognized as a leader in health care.
Dubuque Finley Hospital
Work hours will be days, Monday through Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, for 80 hours per pay period. You will be required to flex to other shifts which includes evenings and weekends when needed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The Clinic Supervisor, in relation to the Quality and Performance Improvement role, will coordinate the development of clinical practice guidelines as directed by the Director of Clinic Operations and the Quality committee of both Finley Hospital and UnityPoint Clinics. In relation to the Education role, the clinic supervisor will serve as a clinical/educational consultant in the assessment of learning needs and will follow up by planning, implementing and evaluating educational activities, events and programs for clinical staff.
Quality and Process Improvement:
- Monitors non-compliance with quality standards; investigate, evaluate and identify opportunities for improvement and provide guidance to clinic management regarding internal controls.
- Provide education and consultation to the clinical staff, including physicians and non-physician providers, regarding quality and performance improvement.
- Responsible for assistance and development with PQRS quality reporting. Work closely with UnityPoint Health/Clinic PQRS team and Director of Clinic Operations by attending meetings and understanding PQRS requirements and guidelines.
- Responsible for assistance and development with meaningful use reporting. Work closely with UnityPoint Clinic’s meaningful use team and Director of Clinic Operations by attending meetings, and understanding meaningful use requirements and guidelines.
- Provide education and consultation to the clinical staff, including physicians and non-physician providers, regarding meaningful use and performance improvement.
- Collect and analyze data and submit reports as directed
- Monitor and support occurrence reporting (RL) by monitoring and providing follow up as directed. Provide reports and analysis for Clinic Managers and Director of Clinic Operations from the occurrence reporting system. Help to identify trends and issues for follow up and help to provide opportunities for improvement.
- Χοορδινατεσ the development of quality and patient experience metrics for the clinics. Assist in creation of educational tools and communication
related to metrics chosen.
· Works closely with the Patient Experience Coordinator on goals related to patient experience and Press Ganey/CGCAHPS.
- Support and manages patient experience monitoring, to include Press Ganey and CGCAHPS, and reporting in collaboration with patient experience specialist. Manages patient experience database with vendor. Responsible for adding/deleting providers and staff in conjunction with vendor. Distribute reports as directed.
- Responsible for ongoing monitoring and reporting of organizational performance related to metric goals, in collaboration with the Analytics team.
- Coordination with implementation and maintenance of Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) activities for the organization. Assumes responsibility for the day-to-day PCMH operations in conjunction with the Clinic Manager.
- Responsible for implementing and managing Vaccines for Children Program in our primary care clinics.
- Responsible for development of clinic policies and procedures as directed by Director of Clinic Operations.
· Participates in the Clinical Education Committees as the Team Lead through UnityPoint Clinic.
· Organizes and conducts system-wide education and training initiatives, events and programs of varying size and complexity with a specific focus on:
· Clinical competencies
· Disease education
· Care coordination
· New and emerging services
· New employee orientation, shadowing and education
· Participates in establishing and preparing departmental goals, standards, procedures, and instructions, which contribute to the effectiveness of the department in accordance with organizational goals.
· In coordination with UnityPoint Health and UnityPoint Clinic quality departments, Clinic Operations and Clinical Education Committee, develops competence based programs for clinical staff with a focus upon improvement of skills and retention of knowledge.
· Collaborates with Clinic Manager to develop and deploy clinical competencies.
· In coordination with Director of Clinic Operations and Clinic Manager, evaluates incident reports and designs educational methods for reducing risk.
· Identifies and guides disease education and collaborates with Clinic Manager to develop and deploy.
· Works with Education Manager to promote Clinical Education online training through Net Learning.
· Works in conjunction with Clinic Managers to gauge topics of interest in clinics and formulates plans to address clinical education gaps.
· Works to formulate plans to address clinical education gaps in PCMH model clinics.
New and Emerging Services
· In partnership with Clinic Administration, helps identify and assess new and emerging services and develops deployment plan.
· Develops an integrated training plan to hardwire learnings.
New Employees Orientation
· Standardizes Clinical Education content of New Employee Orientation for deployment across all clinics.
· Evaluates new employee clinical orientation, shadowing and education and provides guidance to Clinic Manager.
· Ability to adapt and flex to dynamic clinical environments and to the needs of learners and patients.
· Responds to changes in nursing practice and ambulatory clinic practice and develops programs to support those changes.
· Supports collaboration across hospital and clinic and facilitates discussions to identify and bridge gaps in clinical education.
· Serves as an educational consultant to facilities, committees, and projects relating to policy, procedure and program development.
· Leads committees, work groups and/or projects related to the implementation of educational activities.
· Evaluates the effectiveness of educational programming.
· Meets the department work schedule.
· Maintains awareness of what is happening in clinic/department and the organization by attending clinic/department meetings, reading emails and regularly checking information on the organization’s intranet site.
· Maintains compliance with CLIA, OSHA, Safety and Risk Management guidelines.
· Responsible for supporting a culture of innovation, learning, teamwork and professional practice, consistent with the mission, vision and values of the organization.
· Incorporates principles of adult learning in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of education programs.
· Provides quality customer service to both internal and external patients and demonstrate commitment to continuous process improvement.
· Provide troubleshooting assistance to clinics for educational training needs.
· Maintains compliance with Personnel policies and procedures.
· Maintains regular and consistent attendance at work.
· Monitors environmental conditions in order to secure protected health information.
· Behaves in a manner consistent with all Corporate Compliance and HIPAA policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates initiative to improve quality and customer service by striving to exceed patient’s expectations.
· Balances team and individual responsibilities, be open and objective to other’s views, give and welcome feedback, contribute to positive team goals and put the success of the team above own interests.
· Performs other duties as requested by your Clinic Manager or Director of Clinic Operations to facilitate the smooth and effective operations of the office.
· General supervision is received from the appropriate clinic manager or Director of Clinic Operations.
· Functional supervision is received from the provider staff.
· Direct and functional supervision is exercised over the clinic care coordinator and other clinical staff in assigned clinics or departments as requested.
- Bachelors or Associate Degree in healthcare related field, RN strongly preferred.
- Requires good organizational skills.
- Previous experience with planning, organizing, delegating and coordination of projects.
- Familiarity with a variety of clinical concepts, practices and procedures.
- Accurately assesses problems and effectively and efficiently arrives at solutions.
- Recognizes patterns, trends, themes and connections in information to develop innovative ideas and solutions.
· Understands the current state and is able to visualize the ideal state and how to achieve it.
- Must be able to objectively evaluate medical records.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards, quality improvement concepts and procedures preferred.
- Ability to work effectively with others and think creatively.
- Previous experience in performance improvement is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products.
- Strong verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel within and outside of the state as required.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, when necessary.
- Ability to work as a team member, creating and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Requires a general knowledge of business and management principles.
- Experience with healthcare IT applications and analytics reporting preferred.
- Experience with Press Ganey preferred.
- Experience with Occurrence Reporting preferred.
- Minimum 2 years in medical practice environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
This listing has expired
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|