Farm Sale AssociateTheisen Home Farm Auto, Dubuque, IA
Theisen's is an independent, family-owned chain of Home, Farm and Auto stores, with locations in Dubuque, Maquoketa, Dewitt, Anamosa, Monticello, Tipton, Dyersville, Vinton, lowa Falls, Charles City, New Hampton, Marshalltown, Cedar Rapids (2), Newton, Ames, Grinnell, Pella, Coralville, Indianola, Davenport IA, Sparta WI, and Black River Falls WI.
Theisen's is a member of Mid-States Distributing, a buying group comprised of independent, family-owned retailers across the country.
Theisen's was founded in 1927 by Leo & Kathryn Theisen. Theisen's headquarters are in Dubuque where the buying staff, advertising, accounting, human resources, MIS and distribution center are located.
Theisen's employs over 1200 associates. The philosophy at Theisen's is "people buy from people, not companies" and the company stresses that "our associates work with us, not for us". 6201 Chavenelle Road Dubuque , IA 52002-2634 (563)556-4738
Farm experience helpful, but not required.
This position will be a mix of indoor and outdoor work.
Will require some nights and rotating weekends and lifting.
POSITION FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approach customers storewide and ask if help is needed
- Take customers to location of merchandise
- Explain benefits and features of merchandise to customers
- Compute price quotes for customers
- Answer telephone and customer questions within established guidelines
- Suggest add on merchandise
- Give business card to customers for follow up calls
- Practice and maintain security measures
- Maintain general knowledge of all products, may need to have expertise in specific product areas
- Order from merchandise order catalog
- Communicate out-of-stocks using hot sheet/new item requests
- Process and follow up on customer special orders
- Use radios to request additional help
- Assist customers with check out and carryouts
- Maintain accuracy of shelf tagging
- Arrange merchandise by shelf label
- Set up merchandise displays
- Check items with receiving reports
- Match items with stock numbers
- Remove merchandise from packaging
- Price and tag merchandise
- Match tags to product and re-ticket products
- Place stock on shelves/racks in proper location
- Interstores processing
CLEANING AS NEEDED TO MAINTAIN PRESENTABLE APPEARANCE
- Face and dust shelves and merchandise
- Sweep and vacuum floors
- Clean windows
- Empty trash
OTHER PROJECTS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT MAY INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Check desk/mail box in office daily
- Prepare for physical inventory
- Unload warehouse delivery trucks
- Deliver merchandise to customers
- Assemble product
- Run cash registers
Benefits including paid vacations, holidays, paid birthday off, flex spending, associate discounts, 401k with company match.
Applications accepted at:
Theisen's Home Farm Auto
2900 Dodge Street
Dubuque, IA 52003
|Apply for this Job!|
|Apply in Person:||2900 Dodge St|
|Apply by Email:||email@example.com|
|Years of Experience||--|