Our mission is simple:
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
Strengthen communities and inspire giving.
POSITION: Community Legacy Program VISTA
DATE: April 2017
REPORTS TO: Director of Donor Relations
JOB CATEGORIES: Community Engagement
JOB STATUS: Full-time
JOB TYPE: Grant-funded
MIN. EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree
BENEFITS: Health coverage, Stipend, Living Allowance, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Relocation Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible, training
The Community Foundation of Greater Dubuque operates several initiatives that utilize community engagement, training, and coordination to decrease poverty, promote equity & inclusion, and improve quality of life. Through these initiatives, new community leaders will be identified and empowered to building long-lasting relationships in the community built on trust and mutual respect. Using their new skills for facilitating community meetings and engaging missing voices, neighborhood leaders, nonprofit staff, and community residents will make better decisions about their community’s future that include feedback and ideas from all residents. The Inclusive Dubuque Network has working groups composed of community members who would be directly involved with the resident engagement activities. Rural communities have Heart & Soul leadership teams who would be guiding the community engagement and data collection work. Project HOPE community partners have deep connections to their constituencies and will use their existing networks to keep all voices at the table. The VISTA will work directly with partners in the Inclusive Dubuque and Project HOPE networks to recruit, train, and manage volunteers who will be working on equity, diversity, and financial inclusion projects. Volunteers will be given new skill sets that will allow them to more deeply engage their communities and partner organizations. The VISTA will serve as a part of Volunteer Iowa's Rural Development and Opioid AmeriCorps VISTA project. Volunteer Iowa is a state agency whose mission is to improve lives, strengthen communities, and foster civic engagement through service and volunteering. VISTA members with our program have the benefit of a statewide support network of staff, Commissioners, National Service Programs, fellow AmeriCorps members and a VISTA Leader. Members receive ongoing training, support, networking and professional development opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empower local volunteers to address challenges through storytelling to aid in creating long-term solutions such as:
- building permanent endowments which pay out annually to meet community needs
- leaving living legacies through planned estate gifts to strengthen rural communities
- driving local change through the pooling of resources and talents of volunteers who advise Community Foundations
- empowering local citizens to capture wealth for future generations using data from the Iowa Transfer of Wealth study
- Assist in donor survey project to determine target audience in the Foundation’s six-county region.
- Work with Nonprofit Coordinator to educate local nonprofits on the Foundation’s online giving center.
- Assist local agencies with financial literacy and job training through the identification of endowment, grant, or other funding sources.
- Other duties as assigned/developed.
- Fund raising/grant writing
- Team work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The Employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, The Employer will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages prospective employees and incumbents to discuss potential accommodations with the Employer.
Please apply here: https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=71263&fromSearch=true
Also, send resume to Wendy Sweeney, nonprofit partnership coordinator at email@example.com
Volunteer and Non-profit
|Years of Experience||--|