Communication Adjunct InstructorSouthwest Wisconsin Technical College, FENNIMORE, WI
This listing has expired
Southwest Wisconsin Technical College, Fennimore, WI is committed to excellence in education. The College assists individuals to develop employment skills, a lifelong commitment to learning, and a respect for diversity. Programs and services meet the changing needs of business, industry, and society.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Assume any assigned instructional responsibilities in the field of communication skills
• Assist in planning, development, implementation and maintaining of curriculum and WIDS
• Incorporate the use of computer technology into the teaching/learning process
• Contribute to the College’s initiatives regarding the assessment of student academic
• Provide instruction in the Knox Learning Center as requested
• Follow campus policy, procedures, and protocol in all activities
• Demonstrate promptness and preparedness for classroom, lab, and instruction
• Demonstrate current knowledge, skills, and attitudes
• Maintain strict confidentiality of student information – Family Educational Rights Privacy Act (FERPA)
• Incorporate the use of technology into the teaching learning process
• Continuously evaluate student progress providing formative and summative assessment through formal and
• Provide applications-based learning activities that accommodate a variety of learning styles
EDUCATION/QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Master’s Degree with a minimum of 18 credits in Communications or English required per the Wisconsin Technical College System’s and Higher Learning Commission’s faculty qualification requirements.
• A minimum of two year as a post-secondary classroom instructor required, four years preferred. Experience teaching online is also highly recommended.
• Thorough knowledge of current communication skills and practices used in business and industry, including international and cross cultural communication
• Ability to work within a team setting and implement jointly developed curriculum
• Ability to generate, organize, and implement course outlines and lesson plans to meet specific needs of students representing diverse occupations and backgrounds
• Knowledge of techniques for teaching writing with computers and word processing software
• Thorough understanding of applied academics and integrated curricula
• Experience with online education and other alternative delivery methods preferred
• Knowledge and application of modern computer software and hardware: MS Office Suite, email, and internet experience.
• Internal and External applicants complete and submit the online employment application at https://www.swtc.edu/about/job-opportunities. For questions regarding the application process.
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 608.822.2314.
SALARY: Adjunct Salary Schedule - MS Range $43,263 - $52,720
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Until filled
STARTING DATE: Fall Semester - August 2017
SELECTION PROCESS: The Selection Committee will screen all applicants and select a limited number of candidates for interviews. All applicants will be informed when the position is filled. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not assure the candidate an interview. Final candidate’s employment offer will be subject to completion of a criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
Southwest Tech does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Officer has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies. Call 800-362-3322, Ext. 2315 (TDD: 608-822-2072) or write Southwest Tech, 1800 Bronson Blvd., Fennimore, WI 53809.