Program LeadCreative Adventure Lab, Dubuque, IA
This listing has expired
Creative Adventure Lab is a non-profit organization that fuses art, science, and technology into adventures that inspire creative thinking among people of diverse ages and abilities. We believe creativity moves our world forward and are dedicated to fostering creative capacity and innovation through hands-on, informal learning experiences.
Creative Adventure Lab seeks a driven and resourceful full-time Program Lead to develop, implement, and coordinate key on-site and off-site visitor programs. This position will improve existing programs as well as develop & implement new program initiatives.
In addition to coordinating visitor programs, a significant portion of this position's time will be spent providing high quality guest services. Guest services include welcoming & orienting visitors, delivering excellent customer service, engaging visitors in programs, and completing daily operational duties. This is a full time position which reports to the Operations Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates programming in order to attract new and returning visitors, donors, and sponsors.
- Trains other staff to effectively lead visitor program experiences.
- Effectively develops, implements, and evaluates a wide variety of visitor program efforts.
- Helps develop & reach programming benchmarks and goals.
- Greets and orients visitors.
- Engages guests in permanent and rotating labs and program activities.
- Delivers programs such as visitor education, public demonstrations, school workshops, etc.
- Communicate knowledgeably about current programs, policies, and procedures to be a positive and enthusiastic spokesperson for Creative Adventure Lab's mission & vision.
- Demonstrates enthusiastic and positive attitude with willingness to learn.
- Models best practices in informal education and visitor engagement.
- Actively models the highest standards in professionalism, inquiry-based and hands-on techniques, interpersonal communication, and guest service philosophy to create a superior experience for Creative Adventure Lab guests.
- Performs daily operational duties and special duties as assigned.
- May represent Creative Adventure Lab at off-site programs, including but not limited to outreach programs, community events, etc.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Expected Hours of Availability: This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with a somewhat flexible schedule. This position will work primarily on weekdays, although weekend shifts should be expected, depending on program schedules.
Qualifications & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Preferably a bachelor’s degree (or pursuing) in education, art, science, technology, leisure studies, theater or related field of study.
- Previous education or instructional experience viewed favorably.
- Customer service, retail, or service industry experience a plus.
Wage & benefits
Full time position. Starting salary of $24,000 per year with benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
How to Apply
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume. You should specify the desired position in your cover letter. Your cover letter is an opportunity to explain why you are the ideal candidate. Your resume is a way to show you are qualified and should list your educational background, work experience, relevant skills, and anything else that proves you're a stand out candidate.
If submitting by email (preferred):
Subject: Employment Application
If submitting by regular mail:
Creative Adventure Lab
210 Jones Street, Suite 100
Dubuque, IA 52001
This listing has expired
Arts and Entertainment
Volunteer and Non-profit
Paid Sick Leave
|Years of Experience||--|